This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Lana Caroleo

Hometown: Greenwich, CT 

How many years have you performed in Greek Week Dance?

I am a sophomore and this was my second year performing in GWD.

What is your favorite part about Greek Week Dance?

I love able able to perform because in high school I did a lot of musical theater and this gives me the chance to participate in something similar. I also love the fact that it brings you closer with girls in your sorority and I’ve made so many new friendships just from Greek Week Dance.

How long do you practice/prepare for GWD?

It honestly just depends, but usually in the beginning its 2 days a week for 2-3 hours each practice. Once the show get closer we start to practice even more and it gets more intense. I wouldn’t say the practices are too much though because they’re a great workout and they’re fun!

Did you dance growing up of was GWD your first dance performance?

I took dance lessons from the age of 3 years old to 13 and then I found other things like theater where I could incorporate my love for singing, acting AND dancing. This wasn’t my first dance performance, but a lot of people that do GWD have never danced before and I think that’s super cool and unique.

Do you plan on performing in GWD in following years?

Yes, I definitely plan on doing GWD all 4 years. Its been so much fun, I’m sad it’s over and I have to wait another year to do it again.