This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or licensed professional. This article is based on experience; everyone is different. Please research this product before using it. 

Over the past month, liquid Chlorophyll has taken the internet by storm. The TikTok sensation has gone viral, nearly selling out in all stores from the demand. According to Medical News Today, “Chlorophyll is a pigment that gives plants their green color and is present in most green vegetables.” Chlorophyll has multiple health benefits, along with boosting energy and fighting illness. This newest trend has participants mixing Chlorophyll with their water to achieve the positives of the supplement. 

Some advertised benefits of Chlorophyll are skin healing, reduction of inflammation, blood building properties, detoxifier, weight loss, natural deodorant, anti-aging remedy, acne treatment, wound healing properties, and hormone balancer.  

I used this product for seven days, taking a tablespoon every morning in my water. *Warning the water turns dark green and stains* Besides slightly stained teeth, which is why I recommend drinking this before your morning brush, I had no other adverse effects from this product. 

For long-term and more drastic benefits, I would recommend taking this product continuously for over a week. Despite my short time using the treatment, I had noticeable effects. For starters, this product encouraged me to start my day with a big glass of water, which has its own benefits. In addition to hydration and aesthetically looking water, the supplements helped out my skin. I immediately realized my skin was dewier each morning, and my dark spots and acne scars started to fade. However, this product did not entirely clear my skin or prevent breakouts, but that’s not to say that it wouldn’t if I continued to use it. 

I will most certainly continue to use this product and was pleasantly surprised with the results in such a short period. 

Hi, I'm Kelly Meyer! I am from Long Beach, NY and am a current junior at Elon University with a major in Strategic Communications and a double minor in Digital Art and Environmental Education.