kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy Food Near Elon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Finding healthy options on a college campus can be difficult. Here are a few spots near Elon that will help support your healthy lifestyle!

The Burlington Food Co-op

Offering a wide variety of organic produce, dry groceries and even homeopathic medicine and cosmetics, the Burlington Co-op is like a mini Whole Foods. They have plenty of raw vegan options plus delectable treats made fresh and always organic. They also have a beautiful salad bar and hot-foods bar so you can go grocery shopping and grab a meal. Sandwiches are also made fresh every day from 11 a.m-2 p.m.

Earth Harvest Health Food Incorporated

If you’re sick and looking for an all-natural way to heal, this is the place for you! Specializing in homeopathic remedies, vitamins, herbs to satisfy your health needs, Earth Harvest also carries special dietary foods and products that are gluten-free, sugar-free, wheat-free, vegan and more. Earth Harvest also offers blood assessments and nutritional counseling if you need a little help getting on track. 

Xcell Nutrition

Within walking distance from Elon’s campus, come to this smoothie bar for a meal replacement, snack, or a healthy treat. With tons of different flavors to choose from, the smoothies at Xcell taste as good as milkshakes! Using the Herbalife product line, you can get anything from strawberry-banana to a Thin Mint flavored smoothie. Your first time at Xcell you get a free aloe shot, iced tea, and a smoothie!

Local Yogurt

Looking for a treat? Satisfy your sweet tooth at Local Yogurt, located right next to Elon’s tech center near Subway and the Root. Their frozen yogurt is all-natural, made with cultured non-fat milk and whey protein. You can choose from a number of toppings including fresh fruit, granola and cereal so you can indulge without the guilt.

Sky Cowans is a junior at Elon University, majoring in communications with a concentration in broadcast journalism. She is currently a reporter for Elon Local News and Elon in the Morning. Passionate about health and fitness, she is also a group exercise instructor for Elon Campus Rec. In her free time she loves making smoothies, going to the beach, and doing hot power yoga. Sky can be reached at scowans@elon.edu.