Get to know the creator of Statements by Caroline!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

For those of you who were able to attend the Student Made Store in the fall, Caroline Saviano was one of the creators selling her beautiful necklaces. Get to know how it all started for her!

1. Name: Caroline Saviano

2. Major: Strategic Communications & Digital Art Minor

3. Hometown: Wrentham, MA

4. What organizations are you apart of on campus?

The Edge Magazine, Kappa Delta Sorority, Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, School of Communications Internship Ambassador

5. How long have you been making necklaces?

I’ve been learning resin jewelry technique since I was younger, but it wasn’t until my late teens I started  pushing myself to make more and make them better quality as well. This past December was my first time selling them, I had always given them as special occasion gifts before.

6. What inspired you to start making necklaces?

My love for art pushes me to get involved in all different kinds of mediums and techniques. I have most likely done every single Pinterest craft you could imagine, and then some! My Mom and I used to make my Dad personalized cufflinks, the same way the necklaces are made, with little pictures of art and other things we love. In high school, I dove back into this medium and made my friends personalized necklaces for Christmas and birthday gifts. I love giving gifts that are personal and special, so the Student Made Store being so close to the holidays was the perfect time to pick up the craft again and make some more!

7. How can people get in touch with you if they want a necklace?

I have stockpiled so many more I would love to give to someone! I can be contacted via Instagram @statements_bycaroline or csaviano@elon.edu

Hi, I'm Olivia! I am from Massachusetts and am a current Sophomore at Elon. I'm majoring in Public Health with a minor in communications. I love writing about fashion and entertainment!