This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Easily one of the sweetest faces at Elon, Sammy is here to tell all! Entering her sophomore year, Samantha Beaulieu leads her peers and serves as an example to freshmen girls about the importance of staying true to yourself. Although she describes herself as shy during her first year at Elon University, her involvement in her sorority, Delta Delta Delta, has given her the confidence to recognize the strength in her sisters, along with herself. This year, she has expanded her involvement in organizations on campus, as well as been a shining face to all girls! I had the pleasure of discussing some of her exciting adventures this year in different organizations and her advice to freshmen girls.

Name: Samantha Beaulieu

Hometown: Underhill, VT

Major: Marketing

What clubs and organizations are you involved in on campus?

Currently I am involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, Habitat for Humanity, and an international business fraternity along with my classes. I am looking to continue to join other organizations as I find openings in my schedule.

As a house girl for Delta Delta Delta, what has been your favorite part?

Living in the house on campus means that I never have to go anywhere alone and always have someone there for me. I love getting to come home to friends everyday, especially people who I have so much in common with!

What do you recommend for freshmen girls who are anxious about meeting people?

For all girls on campus, especially freshmen, I would definitely say to not be afraid to put yourself out there and talk to people in classes and join clubs if you have time.

Other than your sorority sisters, do you find it easy to meet people on Elon’s campus?

Last year, I found it difficult to make solid relationships other than my three best friends before joining a sorority. That being said, I have realized that this was mainly because I was cautious about being extroverted. But, since joining a sorority I have found it a lot easier.

Writer for Her Campus Elon University Public Health Major Email: knoon@elon.edu