This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Ah, the first day of spring. A time when you can get a miniature cup of Rita’s Italian Ice and eat dinner while it’s still light out. And, even though the twenty-first of March means snow delays are a thing of the past, the hope of April showers bringing May flowers can even make the Grinch smile. The abundance of spring flora and fauna returning from hibernation also brings an abundance of activities and events on campus. If you want to know what’s what, get your calendars and read on!

Mr. E-town

The men of our fine institution are ready to fight to the death for the beloved title of Mr. E-town. One male representative from each residence hall competes in a lip sync battle to the death. There are memes, poorly-censored raps and plenty of dresses. It’s like a straight, Pennsylvanian version of “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” but the audience has the power to say, “Shante, you stay.” It’s coming up on Friday, March 22 at 9 p.m. in Leffler Chapel, and it’s free to attend, so grab your friends, grab your phone and get ready for the Snapchat story of a lifetime.

TGIS

It’s the Coachella of E-town, according to people who have never been to Coachella. Still, it’s a whole weekend dedicated to celebrating the upcoming end of the semester. For three days, themed events will be held all across campus. Previous years have included an interstellar bingo night and a fruit smoothie cabana in the middle of the Masters Mineral Gallery. The Saturday of TGIS is always reserved for a huge barbeque in Brinser Field, complete with obstacle courses and free swag. Make sure you’re on campus the weekend of April 26 to April 28 to get in on the fun!

Scholarship and Creative Arts Day

SCAD (we sure shorten a lot of things, don’t we?) is a day when all of your academic and artistic efforts finally pay off. Anyone from freshmen to grad students can present research, projects or creative works completed over the summer or the course of the academic year. The event draws in community members and scholars, as well as other students. It’s a two-day event, though we only get off of classes that Tuesday for all of the presentations. Even if you aren’t presenting, be sure to read up on the program when it’s released at the start of April and go support your friends! SCAD will be held Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16, so get ready!

Relay for Life

Twelve hours. Dozens of participants. One goal. Every spring, Colleges Against Cancer (CAC) hosts Relay for Life, an event dedicated to raising money for cancer research and remembering those who won the battle and those we’ve lost. Clubs and sports teams host activities and offer food, which can be experienced by purchasing tickets for $1 each. There is also a candlelight vigil, where pictures of those who have fought cancer are put on display and stories of experiences with cancer are shared. The event begins at 3 p.m. on Friday, April 5 in Thompson Gymnasium, and continues until 3 a.m. the next day. Visit CAC’s Relay for Life page to learn more and register.

Rebecca Easton

Elizabethtown '19

Rebecca Easton is a senior at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. She is currently studying English with a concentration in professional writing, and is pursuing a double minor in communications and business administration. Her primary interests in these fields include social media marketing, web writing and creative writing. She currently works for the Elizabethtown College Center for Student Success as a writing tutor, for Admissions as a tour guide and for the Office of Marketing and Communications. In her spare time, Rebecca enjoys writing, singing, and reading.
Jennifer Davenport

Elizabethtown '21

Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus club at Elizabethtown College. Jennifer is part of the Class of 2021, and she's a middle level English education major, with a creative writing minor. Her hobbies include volunteering, watching YouTube for way too many hours, and posting memes on her Instagram. She was raised in New Jersey, lives in New York, and goes to college in Pennsylvania, so she's ruined 3 of America's 50 states. She's an advocate for mental health, LGBT+ rights, and educational reform.