7 Things to do Before the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Another semester full of exams, late nights, laughs and assignments is coming to an end. The completion of a semester is a reminder of just how quickly four years of college pass by. It’s important to take advantage of every moment of college life before it’s over. Here are a list of things to do before the end of the semester:

1. Attend a Campus Event

College is the perfect time to explore other interests and get out of your comfort zone. Attend a lecture about a subject you don’t know much about, head to the field for a sporting event or get tickets to the next theater performance. There’s a plethora of activities to expand your learning and appeal to all interests, so take advantage of the scheduled events. The Office of Student Activities also has plenty of events and activities planned, including TGIS (Thank Goodness It’s Spring) weekend and a trip to the Philadelphia Zoo.

2. Plan Out Your Classes

Of course, scheduling next semester’s courses should be a priority, but think beyond your fall schedule. Look ahead at the classes you’ll need to take for your degree and see how much space you have left. Consider picking up a minor or a second minor. Planning out your schedule in advance will also give you a better idea of when would be the best time to plan for things like signature learning experiences. Applying for internships and finalizing study abroad plans takes time, so organizing your schedule for the future is super important.

3. Chat with Career Services

Whether your focus is on applying to internships or applying to full-time positions, career services is a great resource. Career Services specialists are prepared to help you search for positions of interests, perform mock interviews and edit your resume. They’ll help you get questions answered, connect you with alumni and build your confidence. Meeting with Career Services can help finalize your plans and better prepare for your future.

4. Hit the Gym or Attend a Fitness Class

It’s easy to keep pushing off exercise, so set short-term goals and get active now! Although you may be waiting until the summer to start your fitness regimen, start taking advantage of the resources available to you on campus. There are plenty of health and fitness classes scheduled weekly. Grab a friend and try out Pound or Zumba. If classes aren’t your thing, head to the Body Shop.

5. Try Out a New Restaurant

Enjoy the spring weather and walk into down for a meal and a change of pace. Go beyond your

typical Folklore stop and try out something new. Try E-town Noodles, Sal’s Pizza, or The Den. If you’re looking to venture a little further, consider Rachel’s Cafe & Creperie in Lancaster or Dockside Willies for dinner and a view of the Susquehanna River.

6. Spend Time with Your Friends

The end of the semester can be hectic, but don’t forget to take some time for yourself. Take a break from the studying and the homework and spend time with friends. Catch a movie or spend a sunny afternoon on the Dell.

7. Head to a Nearby City

Centrally located between Hershey, Harrisburg and Lancaster, there’s plenty to do in the surrounding communities. Head to Hershey Park for a weekend retreat, or get tickets for a Harrisburg Senators game. Lancaster has plenty of cafes, shopping centers and art showcases. If you’re looking to venture a little further, spend the weekend in New York or head to Philly for the day.

Don’t let the end of the semester pass you by! Take advantage of college resources and enjoy every moment on campus.

Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.