Three Easy Recipes for a Date Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Lemon Pepper Pasta http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/patrick-and-gina-neely/easy-lemon-pas…

Curtesy of Patrick and Gina Neely with some tweaks to make it a little more simple!

Ingredients

• 1 pound dried penne
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain well.

Add the garlic to a saute pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute until fragrant. Add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. Mix all together.

Remove pasta to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in chopped parsley. Add the juice of 2 lemons and mix. Before serving top with Parmesan.

Other Options: Add spinach or chicken to add some protein.

Pesto Salmon and Asparagus This recipe is curtesy of yours truly and can absolutely be done in one pan!

Ingredients

• Aluminum Foil
  • Two 4-6 ounce salmon filets
  • Store bought pesto (Classico is my favorite)
  • One Roma Tomato
  • 4 Tbs Olive Oil
  • One Bundle of Asparagus (Fresh Market Mashed Potatoes also make a delicious side)
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

After you have lined the pan with aluminum foil, place the salmon filets side by side in the center of the pan. I dont cook mine in individual foil containers like the picture above, but it’s definitely an option and makes for an easy clean up!

Cover the tops of the pieces of salmon with store bought pesto, I usually lay it on pretty thick but I love pesto. Slice 6 slices of the Roma tomato and place three on top each piece of salmon.

Spread the asparagus all around the salmon pieces so they are all flat on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your desired amount.

Put the pan in the oven and allow it to cook for 12-15 minutes. To check the salmon, take a fork and open the center of the filet. If it looks like sushi, it needs more time. The tips of the asparagus should be relatively crunchy.

Baked Apples Also curtesy of yours truly, and is a great option for dessert to either one of the above recipes.

Ingredients

• 4 apples (type to your preference)
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1 tbs of cinnamon
  • Butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Peel and slice all apples and place them in a small square pan. Mix them with brown sugar and cinnamon with your hands and then slice thin pieces of butter and place them in several places on top of the apples.

Place the pan in the oven and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the tips of the apples are slightly brown.

Top with Vanilla or Butter Pecan ice cream for an extra sweetness!

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.