It’s feeling like Fall y’all!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Guys, I am seriously so excited! September 22 marks the beginning of Fall, also known as my favorite season of the year. There is just something so comforting about trees turning different colors, pulling out our warm knit sweaters, and drinking pumpkin spiced lattes. I’m not going to lie, I was that person growing up that always complained about the cold. I do not like cold weather, I prefer being warm. However, I will argue that the winter months are awesome if they are spent indoors, under heaps of blankets, drinking hot chocolate. So, even though I like being warm, I love the fall because it’s not too chilly yet not hot.

Plus, there are just so many things that happen in the fall. Of course, all the leaves start falling off the trees and it does start to get colder, but besides that, there’s awesome holidays, aka Halloween and Thanksgiving. Oh, and then there’s Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break! Not to mention, all the cute decorations that start to appear around town. It’s a tough time during the semester though because all our schoolwork starts to pile up. However, if you are currently an overwhelmed mess like me, fear not because we have a lot to look forward to!

First off, Halloween. Y’all, I know some people don’t celebrate it due to religious beliefs, but I have fallen in love with the holiday. Maybe it’s the parties during Halloweekend or the fact that people here actually dress up for it. Maybe it’s the fact that I’m still young at heart. Either way, I’ve already started my costume board on Pinterest and am going to start shopping soon. It’s practically a month away so in case you needed a reminder, here it is!Of course, Halloween wouldn’t be the same without the horror and I’m definitely a horror movie and story fanatic. I totally believe in the paranormal so I find stories very intriguing. My goal this year is to go to a haunted house. I’ll let y’all know how that goes, if I do end up going! 

I’d also really love to carve a pumpkin. I don’t think I’ve carved one since I was in elementary school so I think it’s time that I try that again. Maybe I’ll go to a pumpkin patch and make a date out of it. Ah! Or visit an apple orchard and (attempt to) make a delicious apple pie. Drink some apple cider while I’m there. Seriously, ahh! I’m so excited to try and make this happen.

With cold weather comes more clothes and I have to say, I’m excited for sweater weather. Boots are my absolute favorite and I’m SO READY to start wearing them. Oh my goodness, the possibilities are endless. I hope that I actually get out of bed early enough to create these outfits though. Those cold mornings are rough, but at least I sleep like a burrito, all nice and warm in my blankets.

The best part of all, Thanksgiving! Going home after weeks without homemade food is the best. You get to see your family for a couple days and (hopefully!) get a break from schoolwork, right before finals. Of course, after that comes winter, and even though I’m a December baby, I’m not looking forward to the weather. Then again, that does mean the holidays are coming up so, we have a lot to look forward to!