clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Festival of Hope 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.
Every year, as many know, the seniors of Eckerd College partake in a course entitled Quest For Meaning (QFM). This course is an opportunity for volunteering, expressing opinions, learning to question what you think you know, taking a break from an individual’s typical major/minor course subjects, but most importantly, to bring the senior class together as a whole. In order to exhibit this oneness, at the end of the fall semester the senior class comes together to display the projects they have worked on in small groups throughout the semester. With approximately 16000 hours of service being preformed by the senior class collectively, this event is a well-deserved tribute to all of the work the students have done. The main goal of the festival is to exemplify how every individual has the capability of making a huge difference and that is exactly what we intend to do.From set-up to cleanup, designing to catering, this event is run entirely by the senior class.

The Festival of Hope coordinators that have been elected from each class are striving to make this year’s the best festival Eckerd has seen yet. We are working on finding a different location that has not been used in year’s past as well as creating a theme that has never been used before. These, as well as many other aspects of the event, are still in the process of being put together as the team of coordinators is making every effort to make every part of this event as incredible as possible. The time and effort that goes into each and every project done by the seniors deserves to be magnified and therefore deserves nothing but the best of presentations.
The Festival of Hope is open to all students, staff, and faculty at Eckerd as well as anyone throughout the community that wishes to attend. This event helps to bring the senior class together as a whole and promotes communities to join together for the common good through service to others. There will be food and entertainment provided as well as other surprises currently in the making. This year’s Festival of Hope will be held on December 3rd,with location still to be determined. I strongly encourage you to keep yourso eyes open for updates about this event, possible fundraising events in the near future, and to make every effort to attend and see the amazing work this year’s senior class will put together.(PS. Attendance by Eckerd students counts as CPS credits!)