This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Name: Katie Smith 

College: St Aidan’s

Subject: English Lit 

Age: 19 

Where’s your favourite hang out spot in Durham? 

Treats! Any quaint little cafe really, that does good toasties

What Disney princess would you be and why? 

Belle from Beauty and the Beast because I love reading, singing and she doesn’t give into the smarmy charms of Gaston.

What’s your ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL clubbing accessory?

A pair of false eyelashes and hoop earrings are my staple!

What’s your ideal date?

Spare no expense. – walking in the countryside (hopefully he’s bring his dog) all wrapped up and then going into a small pub for a cosy meal would be perfect.

If you could spend one day with a celebrity/historical figure , who would you spend it with and what would you do? 

Shakespeare, we’d sit in a tavern and discuss all his plays, I’d want to know everything!

What’s the song that you’d say sums you up?

‘Shake it off’ by Taylor swift

Your favourite thing about Christmas?

Just seeing everyone happy and I love giving my parents presents when they give me so much all year!

Who do you most look up to? 

My mam and my sister because they’re just perfect.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Editor of a fashion magazine hopefully ! That’s ideally what I want to be doing.

What will you miss most about Durham in the holidays? 

My friends and how quaint it is here! A lot different to Newcastle!

2nd year English lit student
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!