This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Waking up to darkness and frosty windows.

A few mid morning showers.

Walking home with sopping pants and a broken umbrella.

We are now a month into the New Year and the reality of winter training is probably kicking in. So if your New Years Resolution was to train harder, get fitter or just sweat more, here is a playlist to keep you going. This fast-paced mix is mainly geared towards runners but you can incorporate the tracks into any cardio workout.

• Warm-Up: Drive By (Train)
  • Good Feeling (The Black Eyed Peas)
  • Don’t Wake Me Up (Chris Brown)
  • Antenna (Fuse ODG)
  • Payphone (Thomas Penton & Barry Huffine Remix –Maroon 5ft. Wiz Khalifa)
  • Throw Your Hands Up (Qwote ft Pitbull & Lucenzo)
  • Sweat (Remix Snoop Dogg Vs. David Guetta)
  • Give Me Everything (Pitbull ft Ne-Yo)
  • Let There Be Love (Christina Aguilera)
  • I Gotta Woman (Rudedog & Ray Charles)
  • Love Me Again (Kove Remix – John Newman)
  • Who’s That Chick (David Guetta ft. Rihanna)
  • Cooldown: Viva la Vida (Coldplay)/Impossible (James Arthur)

For those of you on who are on a training plan, which include speed training here are two additional tracks that incorporate a mixture of sprint sections and recovery.

Extra Sprint Tracks

• Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO)
  • Hot Right Now (DJ Fresh ft. Rita Ora)
  • What Doesn’t Kill You (Kelly Clarkson) 
 I am originally Australian, but spent most of my life in China at a British international school, so Durham Uni seemed like a natural extension. I’m secretly a qualified fitness instructor and would love to eventually teach classes in addition to working in the fields of journalism or law. I have a very diverse range of interests and will generally stick my head into anything as long as it doesn’t involve spiders! Ever since my debut in the Hungry Caterpillar, I’ve been drawn to the theatre so keep your eye out for my articles if you want to keep up with what’s going on in the performing arts scene at Durham! I joined Her Campus because it seems like a fantastic opportunity and launching platform for students to get involved in journalism at university. I love the diversity of the magazine, it’s link between American and British universities and hope to contribute to Durham’s growing chapter! 
Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.