Most Instagrammable Spots in Durham – feat. Stockton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Here at HerCampus Durham, we love a good Insta post. To make sure your hunt for your next square reels in the likes, we have compiled our favourite photo spots all around Durham and Stockton.

The Bridge View

The Wear is timelessly gorgeous, and it is the best source of humblebrag for our tiny town up North. So if you still haven’t posted a misty river photo you took on the way to a 9am lecture, it is a good idea to pause and appreciate the natural beauty that Durham has to offer.

#WeHaveThisThingWithBridges

If the historical texture of Durham bridges are not up your alley, how about this modern design right at the heart of Stockton?

College Envy

Just. Look. At. This. Photo. We know most of Harry Potter was filmed in Oxford and Cambridge, but Castle Yard is just too pretty to fret about that.

Let’s Take Stockton Out of the Friend Zone

This little piazza in Stockton got us dreaming of old Western film sets.

Saddler Street

There are few things more romantic than such a quaint High Street. Here is a pro tip – try avoiding taking the massive queue to Flat White Kitchen in the frame. If you can resist, that is!

Science Site Can Be Insta-Worthy, Trust Us

Exotic plants in front of the library? Only in Durham!

Follow us on Instagram @HercampusDurham for more inspo.

Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6