Charlie Cronin – What Are Last Year’s CC’s Up to Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Today, we’re catching up with Charlie Cronin, last year’s Campus Correspondent at Her Campus Durham! 

What have you been up to since finishing uni?

I actually can’t believe its only been four months since I graduated! I’ve been so busy since finishing university as I’ve done three internships and also managed to travel to Milan, Lake Como and Fuerteventura.

My first internship started in August at ITV’s ‘This Morning’, which was such an incredible experience. It was amazing to see the studio in real life, and to meet all the presenters and celebrity guests – I even managed to get a selfie with the King of Snapchat, Phillip Schofield!

I’ve just started a marketing internship at Mulberry, which is also really exciting. Yesterday, I visited the Mulberry showroom which was so dreamy – I’m going to have to start saving up for a bag of my own!

Where are you based now?

Back in London! I’m such a city girl so it feels like I’m back in my natural habitat. I’m living at home with my family, and luckily it’s only a 10 minute walk from where I’m working at the moment!

Do you think HC has helped you with what you’re doing now?

Her Campus has helped me in lots of different ways! First of all, co-leading Her Campus Durham looks really good on my CV. I didn’t have a vast amount of work experience after graduating, but my role at Her Campus Durham demonstrates a lot of valuable skills. I was working at LOOK magazine a few weeks ago and they asked my to write an article, so obviously my writing skills from Her Campus were useful for that, too! One of my favourite things about Her Campus is the network of college women around the world who were also involved. Last weekend, I went for brunch with a girl who had just moved to London from the US and she contacted me as she had also worked for Her Campus – it’s a great way to meet new people!

What’s the best piece of advice you can give students in their third year?

Don’t stress about what you’re going to do after you graduate, just live in the moment – focus on getting your degree done and enjoying your last year at university! I started applying for internships after graduation and I’ve still managed to find some great opportunities.

Charlie on the set of ‘This Morning’!

What do you miss the most about Durham?

I miss the fact that it was so easy to see everyone as we all lived so close together! I’m also definitely starting to miss all those Durham events that aren’t available here in London like college formals and Her Campus socials.

We wish Charlie all the best for her ventures into the world of work and hope the fabulous opportunities keep coming! 

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/