6 Things I’m Going To Do Differently In 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

2016 was definitely one of the best years of my life – I spent the first 6 months in Paris as part of my Year Abroad, spent three months in London for summer, and then started my final year at Durham as one of Her Campus Durham’s Campus Correspondents. I’m hoping 2017 will be even better so here is a list of things I plan to do differently in 2017!

1.) Be more confident

I achieved a lot in 2016, and I’m hoping 2017 will be just as successful. Like the quote says, “Self-confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it”!

2.) Don’t waste time on negative people

I couldn’t agree with the girl in this GIF any more, life is too short to care what other people think about you! 

3.) Stress Less

With my finals looming in the distance, 2017 undoubtedly will be stressful sometimes. However stress never solves anything, and I definitely don’t want to reach Kim K stress levels when she infamously lost those diamond earrings! There are loads of fabulous methods to reduce stress, including adult colouring, yoga and mindfulness!

4.) Travel, travel, travel

My year abroad definitely unleashed my inner travel bug, and after I’ve finished university I would love to travel some more. At the moment, I’ve got Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Canada on my list!

5.) Be more organised and don’t leave things to the last minute

Both Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller are my inspirations for studying – they are both ambitious, work hard, and don’t let anything get in the way of them reaching their goals!

6.) Actually go to the gym more

I know this is a really clichéd New Year’s Resolution, but I’ve already signed myself up for a gym in Durham this year so that’s a good start! I think it will help me with my other goals mentioned above of being more confident and feeling less stressed. I am more of a Lorelai Gilmore (that’s her above using Coke cans as weights) than a Deliciously Ella though, and in 2017, I will still be indulging in chocolate and pizza!

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/