14 Ways You Know You’re A 20-Something

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

“Your 20’s are your ‘selfish’ years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.”

I think we can all agree that being in our 20s is somewhat a rollercoaster. In some ways, they are the best years of your life, you have more freedom than ever before, and you can start to enjoy what being an adult has to offer. On the other hand, you’re head is overflowing with these new pressures and responsibilities that come with adult life. So here are a list of ways you know you’re a 20-something.

1.) Damn I need to start thinking about finding a job and my future career!

2.) You regularly say “I have no money”. Cheers university for being so expensive xox

3.) Yet, of course. you still manage to spend money on things you don’t really need (ie that Asos order you binged on whilst they were having a 20% student discount)

4.) You’ve probably been on some exotic trip to “find yourself” whether as part of you Gap Yah or during the long university holidays.

5.) Sometimes you just dream of the good old days when the hardest decision was what to wear to school that day

6.) And dare I say it, you miss those school days when you were basically spoonfed exactly what you needed in order to do well in life.

7.) Being in your 20s means you can Party Hard like Dumbledore in this GIF

10.) But this can get pretty old quickly, and sometimes the best nights are those spent indoors with Netflix

11.) The lack of contact hours at uni makes it all too easy to binge season after season on Netflix, instead of doing work

12. )The struggle is real. The worst thing is relatives asking you why you’re still single.

13.) But of course, you’re single by choice- You’re a strong, independent woman.

14.) Despite the ups and downs… we can all do this!

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!