This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

SEX

A noun.

Synonyms include love making, the nasty, porking, boinking, boffing, a roll in the hay, a quickie.

Something I have never done.

via: Colourbox

I am a 19-year-old sophomore in college, and I am a virgin. Don’t worry, I’m not like a martian or a unicorn. I am just a regular girl that puts her pants on one leg at a time. I know it’s a little crazy to hear, but it’s not as uncommon as you may think.

Before you ask “Why?”, it’s not because of religious reasons or saving myself for marriage. “But it’s so easy to have sex in college. You could find someone, easily. Don’t you just want to get it over with? What are you are afraid of?” Thank you for the concern, but it’s just that I have not found the right person. I know that sounds cheesy, but I am waiting for Mister Right. Someone who isn’t afraid to sing in the car with me, someone who knows my Chipotle order, someone who laughs at my corny jokes, someone who loves me flaws and all.

via: Sweety High

Related: Campus Crush

“But how have you waited this long? I don’t think I could ever do that.” Yes, I want to have sex. It’s not like I haven’t thought about what all the hype is about, but it’s also not like I think about it all the time. Midterms and all-nighters are often what are crowding my brain. But you’re right. Sometimes it feels like the Hormone Monstress from Big Mouth has taken over my body and I ask myself the same thing.

via: Big Mouth Wiki

“But…But…Everyone is doing it. It’s not that serious.” Oh but friend, it is serious. It is serious because it is my choice. If only you knew how long it took for me to value and really accept myself. With 19 years and counting under my belt, I have realized  I am in control of who I am and so are you. Whether you are a virgin or Christian Grey himself, you are worthy. Don’t let anyone tell you or make you feel any different.

via: Me.me

Related: What it’s Really Like to get an IUD

For my virgin friends: Don’t feel like you need to lose your virginity. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about being a virgin. You are beautiful and unique and when the time is right you will know. With that, if anyone knows a prince charming ready to mingle, please send him my way.

Signed, Your Friendly Neighborhood Virgin