The Best of Finals Week Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

The very thought of finals week conjures up painful images of all-nighters and long, stressful hours cramming in Perkins. As the stress starts to build, it can feel like you need to spend every minute of the day studying if you want a chance at acing your exams, but that’s just not the truth. Taking a break every now and then is not only totally okay, but it’s crucial to maintain your mental health and keep the stress from getting too overwhelming. And what better way to de-stress than with a guilt-free Netflix binge? After working hard all semester, you deserve it – so check out these suggestions for what to watch on your next study break. 

1. Friday Night Lights

Because there’s nothing like one of Coach Taylor’s inspirational speeches to get you motivated.  

2. Grease

Celebrate the end of a long day of studying by blowing off steam with a good old-fashioned sing-along. 

3. Gilmore Girls

Because it’s basically the TV version of comfort food. Plus if you’re lucky, Rory’s overachieving habits might wear off on you and inspire you to study!

4. Mean Girls

To reassure you that hey, maybe college is rough right now, but at least you’re not in high school anymore!

5. Heathers

See: Mean Girls. If you survived high school, you can survive anything. 

6. Parks and Recreation

Because it’s scientifically impossible to watch an episode of Parks without feeling happy, no matter how stressed out you may be.  

7. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

To remind you that sometimes it’s okay to blow off your schoolwork and have a little fun. 

8. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This show is just a constant stream of positivity, and it’ll make you laugh so hard you forget about all that studying you have to do.  

9. Any Disney Movie

To make you feel like a kid again and bring you back to the days before you had exams to worry about. 

10. Undeclared

To remind you that college is actually really funny, and you should try to find the humor in it instead of taking it too seriously.