jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Upcoming Professional Events at DU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

The next couple weeks DU is hosting a variety of events to aid your on your career path, and HCDU is also celebrating women in their professional lives! At the end of the week, we will also be hosting a professional development seminar geared towards women. Aside from our support, check out all the events coming up here at DU. 

Tuesday, February 12th

Allyship Summit

Details: The 2019 Allyship Summit will be held from 8:00 AM until 7:00 PM, and is being hosted by the Josef Korbel School of International Studies. The event is free and open to all students, faculty, staff and Denver community members. This year’s summit poses the question “Where are you now, where are you going? We encourage participants to move from neutral to active allyship through participation in workshops, presentations and discussion. The summit aims to highlight the intersectional, interdisciplinary, and constantly evolving nature of the work of allyship not only across campus but throughout Denver and society more broadly!

Register here: https://udenver.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4OTrc1AzjG0O8tL

Connecting DU: Global/International Careers

Details: Hear from wide array of alumni working in global and international careers and meet employers with a global focus as well. A short panel will be followed by rotating table discussions hearing from a variety of professionals in the industry. The event will be held in the AAC special events room on the first floor from 4:30 PM until 6:30 PM.

Register here: Open to all undergraduate and graduate students. RSVP at du.edu/pioneercareers

Mentor for a Moment: STEM Edition

Details: Are you exploring career options in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics? Seeking an internship, job, or research opportunities? Looking to connect with fun people who are doing work that interests you? Consider attending an evening of conversation with alumni just for undergraduate and graduate students interested in STEM. Interested in STEM careers, but you aren’t a science major? We would love to have you! This event will be held from 5:30 PM until 7:30 PM in the Engineering and Computer Science building, room 510. 

Register: Open to all undergraduate and graduate students. RSVP at du.edu/pioneercareers

Wednesday, February 13th

Work on Purpose Workshop

Details: This workshop will help you identify the kind of work that is right for you and for the world by helping you discover your professional direction while staying true to your life passions, goals, and genuine interests. Learn how to apply your personal genius to issues that you care most about, develop the spirit of risk-taking, and learn to live and work on purpose!

Participants will gain experience in preparing for careers and lives of purpose, while also gaining clarity on a DU major, or how to leverage their program of study into pathways that align with who they are! This event will take place from 4 PM until 8 PM in the Craig Hall Community Room. 

Register: Click here

Wednesday, February 20th

Career Closet Grand Opening

Details: The grand opening of the Career Closet will take place February 20th from 3 PM until 6 PM along with the Winter Career and Internship Fair. During this day the closet will be open all day long in Leo Block. Feel free to stop by and pick out a FREE professional outfit before heading over to the Career and Internship Fair. After February 20th, the Career Closet will be open every week in The Hub on:

• Mondays from 2 PM until 4 PM
  • Wednesdays from 4 PM until 6 PM
  • Fridays from 11 AM until 1 PM

Please stop during these times to pick out a FREE professional outfit (we have some shoes and accessories as well) for your upcoming interviews, internships, or jobs. If none of these times are convenient, feel free to email chloe.theobald@du.edu to schedule an individual shopping appointment.

Winter Career and Internship Fair 

Details: Located in the Richie Center Concourse from 3 PM until 6 PM. 

Register: Click here

Tuesday, February 26th

Career and Professional Etiquette Dinner

Details: Located in the Joy Burns Center from 5 PM until 8:30 PM.

Register: Click here

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.