Meet Delta Zeta’s Big Man On Campus Contestants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Delta Zeta’s Big Man On Campus Competition is here again! This weekend starts the beginning of a fun filled weekend that involves three days of events. All eight fraternities here at DU will battle it out in a BBQ contest, field day games and the much awaited Man Pageant that will hail one of these cuties DZ’s 2015 Big Man On Campus. We’ve gotten a chance to speak with each fraternity’s goofy candidates, and now we’re dying to see how they’ll pick just one of these eight cuties! 

Lambda Chi Alpha

Name: Jack LongHometown: Littleton, ColoradoRelationship Status: “It’s complicated.”Year: SophomoreMajor: Accounting

Kappa Sigma

Name: Stormer SantanaHometown: Sault St. Marie Ontario, CanadaRelationship Status: “Single.”Year: FreshmanMajor: Finance

Beta Theta Pi

Name: Sasha RogachevskyHometown: Minks, BelarusRelationship Status: “In a relationship.”Year: JuniorMajor: Finance and Marketing double major

Pi Kappa Phi

Name: Matt HoldenHometown: San Jose, CaliforniaRelationship Status: “Single”Year: SophomoreMajor: Strategic Communications with a double minor in Analytics and Marketing

Sigma Chi

Name: Jack McCreadyHometown: Boston, MassachusettsRelationship Status: “Single”Year: FreshmanMajor: Finance

Zeta Beta Tau

Name: Cole CaulkinsHometown: Ketchum, IdahoRelationship Status: “Single”Year: SophmoreMajor: Compueter Science

Theta Chi

Name: Isaac AuerbacherHometown: New York CityRelationship Status: “Single”Year: FreshmanMajor: Cognitive Neuroscience

Sigma Alpha Epsilon

Name: Brandon WrightHometown: Austin, TexasRelationship Status: “Single”Year: Freshman  Major: Business

Her Campus: What is one thing you love about Colorado?

Jack L: I love skiing and mountain biking.

Isaac: I love to ski those double blacks in the beautiful mountains.

Stormer: I love the weather here in Colorado. It’s a nice adjustment from all the snow in Canada.

Sasha: I moved to Denver when I was only two years old. I love the snow in the winter for skiing, and I especially love the abundance of sunny days.

Brandon: The weather here is pretty chill.

Matt: One thing I love about Colorado is the springtime because you can play golf in the morning and then ski in the late afternoon. That’s a good day right there!Jack M: What I love about Colorado are the ladies.

Cole: Something I like about CO: Ill give you some fun facts about Idaho, Its 62% public lands, the Salmon river is the longest stretch of undammed river in North America, the TV was invented in Rigby, Arco was the the first town to be powered by nuclear energy, and the first chairlift in the world is in Sun Valley.

HC: How would you describe your personal dance style?

Jack L: Chill.

Isaac: Pretty funky, but I have that rock n’ roll background so I keep it loose and rebellious.

Stormer: Funky fresh with a hint of chill vibes.

Sasha: My personal dance style can probably best be described as animated. I always have a great time dancing and I usually get pretty into it, not always paying attention to my surroundings.

Brandon: Kinda like male stripping… it’s all in the hips.

Matt: I would describe my personal dance style as delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.

Jack M: Box dancing.

Cole: Better than yours.

HC: Do you have any special skills or talents?

Jack L: My special skills and talents are raging and accounting.

Isaac: I play guitar and bit of piano, rock climbing, skiing, and I’m a mean cook and grill-master.

Stormer: I can pat my head and rub my stomach in a clockwise motion at the same time.

Sasha: I’m fully bilingual in Russian, I was an All-American Swimmer in high school, I’ve been on the Dean’s List or been a Hornbeck Scholar since I’ve come to DU, and I’d say I’m a pretty good dancer.

Brandon: I’m super flexible and can do the splits.  

Matt: I can parallel park trains as well as tie a cherry stem into a double taut-line hitch knot using only my tongue.

Jack M: I pick things up and put them down.

Cole: I don’t know dads have a lot of special talents.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?  

Jack L: I look for a girl who is funny and who will put up with my sh**.

Isaac: A short skirt and a long jacket. Gets up early, stays up late, fingernails shine like justice sort of thing.

Stormer: Someone who is kind, intelligent, has a great sense of humor and is adventurous.

Sasha: The most important thing that I look for in a girl is the X-factor – something that really makes our personalities compatible, and I can’t always put my finger on what it is. Of course I want her to be kind, intelligent, sophisticated, and to take care of her appearance – but compatibility is the most important thing.

Brandon: She’s gotta be funny and have good legs.

Matt: I ain’t got no type.

Jack M: Funny, smart, good-looking…pretty much the trifecta.

Cole: A girl that will let me do dad projects with my dad project partner Ron.

I'm from Westchester, New York and am a junior at the University of Denver. Currently I'm a media studies major and a double minor in fine arts and communications. When I'm not busy writing papers, avoiding math or at a sorority event I can be found in the mountains or watching movies. One day I will probably be making indie films and hanging out on the ski slopes. My Pro Tip: Do what you love, love what you do.