Delta Zeta Big Man on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

This weekend Delta Zeta is having their annual spring philanthropy event, Big Man on Campus. The event kicks off on April 8th from 5-7 PM at the Delta Zeta house (2258 S. Josephine) with a Southern BBQ catered by Dickie’s BBQ.  Tickets can be purchased for $8 at the door or during the presale this week in front of Sturm.  On April 9th from 10-2 PM is Field Day on Driscoll green.  There will field and relay games, and a kickball tournament.  On April 11th, the event will culminate in the infamous Pageant and lip-sync battle from 7-10 in Sturm Hall.  Admission to this event costs $3, and you can buy a ticket at the door or during the presale this week in front of Sturm.  For all of the events, Greek organizations also have the option to send a roster of members planning on attending.   

Winners of each of these events will get a fraternity and their big man a certain amount of points, and at the end of the weekend, whoever has the most points will become the next Big Man on Campus.  Last year, Sigma Chi won.  If you’re wondering who the big men are this year, check out the Facebook page to watch a short video of each nominated big man on why they deserve to become DZ’s next Big Man on Campus. 

Last year, Delta Zeta raised over $10,000 during Big Man, which made it possible to donate 4 cochlear implants.  This year, the sorority hopes to raise $12,000.  The proceeds from BMOC benefit the Starkey Hearing Foundation, an international organization that provides hearing aids to people who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford it.     

Please contact Emily Padgett at dzrhophilanthropy@gmail.com with any questions.

Hi!  I'm a second-year at DU studying Strategic Communications, Marketing, & Psychology.  When I'm not at the library studying, you can find me lounging around campus in a hammock, being forced to work out, or on a patio somewhere enjoying an icy margarita.  My favorite pastimes include watching Broad City and skating on thin ice.  
Olivia Sheehan is student at the University of Denver, studying Strategic Communication and Psychology. Some of her passions include skiing, traveling, cute animals, and spending time with friends. She is a campus correspondent of Her Campus DU, and is excited about the future of Her Campus here at the University of Denver.