danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Summer Internships: Where to Find Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

So the year is coming to an end. Whether you’re wrapping up your first year or your third, I’m sure you’re trying to figure out what this summer is going to look like for you. I get it, spending three months at home flipping through shows on Netflix doesn’t have the appeal it used to. Don’t worry, though ladies. Regardless of your passions or major, I’ve compiled a list of the perfect websites to find your dream summer internship.

Free Fashion Internships

Your one-stop shops for internships surrounding all things fashion and beauty. From high fashion brands and stylists like Jimmy Choo, Giuseppe Zanotti, and celebrity stylist Law Roach. Some other jobs you can find include:

Soapbox Strategists: Social Media Intern

Location: New York, NY

Application Deadline: May 14, 2019

The female-founded media company is looking for a social media manager for this summer. Responsibilities include social media content creation, community management, social media partnerships, and influencer programming. This is an unpaid internship.

Relovv: Marketing, Merchandising & Graphic Design

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Application Deadline: April 24, 2019

This sustainable fashion app is looking for someone to work remotely in Los Angeles. If you are interested in sustainable fashion, marketing, advertising, PR, social media, entrepreneurship, startups, content creation, events, etc. Some responsibilities include strategic partnerships with organizations, clubs, and influencers, content and video creation, marketing through social media and events, and working with metrics to track success. This is an unpaid internship.

Generation Love: Fashion Design Intern

Location: Long Island City, NY

Application Deadline: April 24, 2019

An up and coming womenswear company in need of a part-time fashion design intern. Proficiency in adobe illustrator/photoshop, garment construction, measurements, fabric, time management, and communication is preferred. Responsibilities include working with a design team, communicating with local factories, and hands-on projects. This is a paid internship.

LinkedIn

Everyone uses LinkedIn as a way to build your resume help companies find you. However, not many know that you can use it to apply to jobs and internships. When you follow a company, you can be alerted when they post positions.

Chanel: Internship Program Summer 2019

Location: New York, NY

Start: June 3, 2019

One of the premier brands in high fashion and luxury, Chanel, is looking for students with various backgrounds for their summer internship program. Some of the positions available include but is not limited to boutiques, creative, digital, IT, marketing, and etc. Chanel is looking for individuals who have good communication skills, detail oriented, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and is a team player. This is an unpaid internship.

Eos: Marketing Intern

Location: New York, NY

Looking for an intern to be a part of their Global Marketing and innovation team. Responsibilities include identifying user-generated content, coordinating focus group sessions, managing inventory, organize product feedback, and scheduling and coordinating various events. This is a paid internship.

PacSun: 2019 Summer Internship

Location:  3450 East Miraloma Avenue, Anaheim, CA

Start: June 3, 2019

PacSun has been one of the leading apparel stores for women and men ages 12-24. They are looking for multiple people with various backgrounds with an appreciation of fashion. The 2019 Summer Internship Program is a 10-week opportunity beginning June 3rd and ending August 9th. Some of the open internships include marketing, men’s buying, men’s design, women’s buying, and etc. This is a paid internship ($12.00/hour).

Indeed

I’m sure at one time or another, you or someone you know has used Indeed to find a job. While it is great for finding summer work positions, it’s also a great tool to use for looking for internships. As a plus, you can set up search notifications when a particular area you’re interested in posts a job.

Tory Burch: Summer 2019 Internship Program

Location: New York, NY

Start: June 3, 2019

Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand founded in 2004, known for its fashion risk-taking with colors and prints. Their lines include ready to wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, and etc. Students with a passion for fashion are welcomed to apply for their 10-week internship program. Positions open include digital operations, finance, The Tory Burch Foundation, design, production, information technology, and etc. Top applicants are those who have a positive attitude and enthusiasm, proficient in Microsoft Office, and strong computer skills. This is a paid internship.

The TJX Companies: DC Operations Leadership Internship 2019

Location: Philadelphia, PA

This 12-week internship with TJX Companies would allow you to become a part of one of the largest distribution operation. Candidates who are interested in supply chain management, focus on driving results, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and enjoys leadership positions. This is an unpaid internship.

SAINT LAURENT: Visual Merchandising Intern

Location: Groupe Kering New York, NY

Start: May 2019

Saint Laurent collections include women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, small leather goods, jewelry, scarves, ties, and eyewear. They are currently looking for an intern to work in regional visual designs. Your missions are to learn the relationship between visual merchandising and retail operations, learn how to follow merchandising directives from the US Visual Director, handling expenses, etc. This is an unpaid internship.

While this obviously isn’t the end all be all to anywhere you can find an internship, these are my three favorite websites that have given me the most interesting results. I hope you all can find the internship of your dreams on one of these websites or on any other you may come across. Remeber, if you don’t find an internship or a job this summer, that’s ok! Kick your feet up, relax, and have fun not waking up until 12 pm. Happy hunting!

Anaya Mitchell is a Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations. She embodies love for all things fashion, pop culture, beauty, true crime, and binging TV series'.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.