This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

I know it’s basically summer and we should all be bronzed and gorgeous, but we are college students. Which unfortunately means most of us will be working boring internships where the only UV rays we are exposed to is the walk from our cars to the office. I like to pretend that I am tan so I have a large history and knowledge of self tanning. Since I am so generous I thought I would share my personal ranking of sunless tanners.

1. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Tanning Wipes $10

These bad boys were featured in a number of HC’s Survival Kits and I have to say they are my absolute favorite way to bronze my skin. They are affordable, don’t streak and give a natural color. I apply one towel on my whole body after I shower at night and by the morning I look like I was on vacation in the Caribbean. I’ve convinced so many people that my tan was real with these which is why it holds the #1 spot.

2. Toma’s Self Tanning AirBrush Spray $17.50

Another fast acting tan solution is Toma’s AirBrush tanning. This comes in an aeosol can and you essentially apply it to your body and get an instant tan. Think of an at home spray tan that is less than $20. This product smells amazing and gives off great results. However, I do recommend using a mit to blend spots as it can get streaky if not applied in light layers.

3. St Tropez Tanning Mousse $42

Ah yes, the mother of all self tanners. I admit that St Tropez has amazing products but they are just so darn expensive. I do not want to pay an arm and a leg for something that I can find for a better price. However, in the colder months I will admit that it is worth the splurge as it is fast acting and doesn’t give off that fake tan smell.

4. Tarte Brazilliance PLUS $39

This self tanner got me through high school. If you buy Tarte’s Brazilliance self tanner at ulta it comes with a mit at less than $40. This product smells amazing and it great for that gradual natural tan look. I used this to prepare for events such as prom and formals over time so that I didn’t have to worry about a bad spray tan.

5. Tan Towel $16

Tan Towel is an amazing company if you need a tan fast. The only downfall is that it is a little bit pricy in comparison to the L’oreal towels. If you want to splurge for an event go for the Tan Towel. They also have an array of lotions that I swear by.

There you have it, the official Her Campus at Drexel sunless tanning ranking. Have you tried any of these? Do you have any other brands you think we should try? Let us know in the comments!

Image Courtesy is linked for all respective products. 

Her Campus Drexel contributor.