This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

You may be familiar with the dating apps, Tinder and Bumble, but have you heard about JSwipe? The first time I heard about it was when my friend told me she gave up on Tinder, but she was still looking for a good hookup. She then discovered, JSwipe, an app similar to Tinder, but specifically targeting Jewish people.

To be quite honest, I was skeptical about finding my one true love online. Call me old-fashioned, but I hope to meet my future husband in a bar on a Thursday night (not a Friday night because it is Shabbat, after all).

I know many couples who have met and found real love through a dating site or app, but for me, the idea of finding “the one” without meeting in person was weird. After a lot of thinking, I decided that I couldn’t judge a book by its cover and that I should give this app a try before deciding if I like it or not.

Just like Tinder, when you first download it, JSwipe asks you to log in with your Facebook information. Your profile will show the public information you share on your Facebook page as well as a couple of your pictures. Then, you can set up your profile and add a bio (the shorter, the better!), your Jewish affiliation, and if you keep kosher or not, which is really important in case you grab a bite to eat on your first date!

Then, you are able to see a bunch of potential suitors. Like Tinder, you swipe right for the people you find attractive and swipe left for those who are not interesting enough for you. You can choose to super match someone, represented by a blue star, which will let the other person know that you really want to get to know them. You can also use other super match icons, like a camel, a rose, and my personal favorite, the poop emoji. Recently, JSwipe added the option to send a message to the person before matching with them, giving you the chance to start the conversation even before you both swipe right. Once you match with someone, you have 18 days to start talking before the person disappears. And if you stop chatting, you have another 18 days to start again.

I personally started to use this app to just to review it for this article and maybe laugh a little. My bio simply explains how much I love puns (and I’ve received a lot of good ones as a result). However, I didn’t close the door to the possibility of finding someone on JSwipe. But, I still believe in my Thursday night theory. Even if I doubt that I will find my prince charming on this dating app, you should check it out yourself and see. Maybe your shidach (match) really is just a few swipes away!

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.