How to Avoid the Shaft and Reach Spring Break

Alright. It’s finals week, the Drexel Shaft is the only thing standing in your way of an awesome spring break. Will you let it break you? No. Never. And with this #HCSurvivalKit, nothing will ever break you.

It’s all about Preparation and no stray hair is going to distract you from another cram session. With the Completely Bare wax kit you can keep those brows under control and that ‘stache non-existent. Stray Hair? Nope. Stray Focus? I don’t think so. Now when you’re caught staring off into space and then meet eyes with the hottie three tables down, you know you look #flawless. From the face up at least, those three-day-old sweat pants are another story… 

It’s all about Resistance and knowing that a good grade on the final is more important than one night of partying. Instead of hitting up Greek Row, which is practically guaranteed to be followed by the 12 hours in your bed, read Dirty Rush instead. This snarky and witty novel dives deep into the land of intense Greek Life most often seen in movies and in state universities. Lose yourself in this book and resurface feeling relieved that our sororities and fraternities are nowhere near as scandalous. And oh hey look, you only lost a few hours. Time to get back to studying. 

It’s all about Endurance and no grumbling stomach is going to make you abandon your perfect studying spot in the library. A table all to yourself in the quiet section? This never happens. Our LUNA Bars will help fuel those long study sessions heading into Finals Week. Don’t stop studying. You’re so close!

It’s all about Confidence and no villain is going to get in your way of memorizing every muscle in the body or the requirements of incorporating a business. With our SABRE pepper gel, you’ll be ready to ward off note moochers, annoying frenemies who’ve already finished their exams, and exhaustion. Of course the pepper spray should just be used as a scare tactic in this situation. Save the real stuff for when absolutely necessary!

It’s all about Being Realistic and there is no way you can study for eight hours straight. With a copy of The Intern’s Handbook, give your mind a quick breather with this adventurous novel set in New York City. Feel free to dream about how awesome it would be to have a co-op this exciting; unless you do have a co-op as exciting as working alongside a super attractive assassin. Then you should email Her Campus Drexel ASAP. 

BONUS: Dave Franco has signed on to play the main character, John Lago, in the movie adaption by Sony Pictures. You’re Welcome.

It’s all about Staying Cool Under Pressure and no sweat from the brow or condensation from a drink is going to drip onto your already hard to read notes. With our bright pink Her Campus cozies, your can of Arizona Green Tea will stay nice and cold as you power through those flashcards and last minute essays. Three pages to write with two hours before the deadline? You’ve got this.BONUS: The Her Campus pens are also available for when your handy-dandy-good-luck-feels-just-right pen decides to run out of ink. Again, you’ve got this.

It’s all about Integrity and no neighbor’s wandering eyes are going to take your hard work for granted. With Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak conditioner, your luscious locks will provide a much needed hair curtain around your answers. It’s the simplest formula out there; clean hair equals clean conscience. And yes you can tell your chem/psychology friends you heard it from us so it’s correct and not up for discussion.

It’s all about Risk and Reward and you need to give yourself a huge break after all of those all-nighters. You risked your health, sanity, and hygiene to ace those finals and now it’s time to reap the rewards. Yes, a 4.0 and an email confirming your Dean’s List qualifications are nice and dandy, but does anything really beat a BOGO Chipotle coupon? Since you worked so hard and survived the shaft, no one’s going to judge you for keeping the coupon to yourself. Hey, a girl needs to eat lunch, and dinner! 

If you follow the tips outlined above, we have complete faith that you can survive finals relatively unscathed. Interested in testing our claims or want to get your hands on some of the awesome stuff listed above? Come to our Co-op Couture Fashion Show in MacAlister’s 6th Floor City View Room on March 13th at 6:45 p.m. 

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.