This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

From the pumpkin-themed treats to the clever costumes, Halloween is hands down one of the best holidays. Around this time of year, I love cozying up on the couch and binging horror movies, listening to a plethora of ghost stories, and visiting some spooky places. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to find activities to do during a pandemic, while social distancing. Here are a few ideas I have for you to try out!

Horror Movie/Show Marathon

There is no shortage of Halloween and horror-themed movies or shows to watch. Personally, I love hanging out with my friends and watching them get scared during our horror movie binge sessions. If you need any recommendations, a few of my yearly favorites are the Haunting of Hill House, The Conjuring, Hocus Pocus, and The Addams Family. 

Baking Halloween Treats

Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of baking videos and Instagram and TikTok and it’s definitely made me want to try out a few treats. You can also start a Halloween baking competition with your friends and family. It’s a fun way to make delicious treats and spend time with those around you, 

Ghost Photoshoot (TikTok)

This past month, a new TikTok trend has been going around where you create a “ghost” photoshoot. Essentially all you need is a few white sheets and some accessories and you’re good to go. You can take pictures around your house or town, with your friends, siblings, and even pets. 

Costume Zoom Call 

At this point, I’m pretty sure we’re all familiar with Zoom. Instead of using Zoom for school or work, a great way to utilize the app would be to have a Zoom call with family or friends, dressed in Halloween costumes. You could even turn this into your own personal costume competition. 

Go to a Pumpkin Patch (while social distancing) 

My Instagram has been flooded with pictures of people visiting pumpkin patches near them. If there is one open near you, definitely check it out. It’s a fun way to get out of the house and pick pumpkins you can carve or paint. 

I hope you enjoyed these ideas and give them a try. Happy Halloween!

Hey everyone! I am a chapter leader for Drexel University's chapter of HerCampus. I am a senior biological sciences student with a concentration in cell, molecular, genetics, and biochemistry. I hope to become a clinical pharmacist/researcher one day. I love traveling, reading, Netflix-bingeing, and writing for HerCampus.
    Her Campus Drexel contributor.