sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Graduation Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

College graduation is no joke, you are officially finished going to classes. 12 years of high school and goodness knows how many years of college got you to this very moment: creating college graduation wish lists. Whether you’re having a graduation party or not, someone is bound to give you a little something. I used my knowledge of obsessively online shopping to create a list of the top 5 things you should ask for or give to your grad this spring.

1. Practical gift cards

Face it, nothing is more useful than a monetary gift. But unfortunately, people want to be more sentimental. So if you’re great aunt doesn’t want to give you a gift that is colored green, ask for a gift card for something you use a lot, such as Uber or Amazon. Or if you’re going to your second cousins graduation party just give them what they really want, that money.

2. Quality luggage

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

A common thing post-grad to is travel for a few months before facing the real world. Something that you will use for years to come is some good quality luggage. Ditch your middle school duffle and ask for something that’ll tell everyone, “Hey, I’m a college graduate look how adult I am.” If you’re the gift giver on a budget, a luggage tag or passport cover is a great gift to get people excited for travel.

3. A vacation

Image courtesy of Bustle

If you already have luggage that is gathering dust in your basement, propose a vacation! Experiences are the best gifts, so this is a great idea for high school friends or family. Also, vacations don’t have to be expensive, websites like AirBnb and Kayak offer amazing prices.

4. Useful items for work

Image Courtesy of Pinterest

Whether you have your career planned out or not, you will find yourself scrambling for work appropriate attire and accessories. Ask for a good lunch box, shoes or trousers for work, they have a flexible price range and are all items you will never want to buy yourself.

5. Electronics

Whether it be the new Alexa or a pair of high quality headphones. Electronics are universally loved and honestly not that hard to shop for. If you’re still a student, you can get great deals at Best Buy and Apple so take advantage of them this grad season.

There you have it! A complete guide to giving and receiving, grad edition from yours truly. Let us know what your favorite gifts are in the comments! 

Her Campus Drexel contributor.