Career

My Summer at the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Bulgaria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

An internship at the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Bulgaria was the perfect fit for me because I was in my hometown, Sofia, Bulgaria, but at the same time I gained some practical experience in the field of one of my majors: Economics. I worked Monday-Friday from 10 am – 2 pm for 2 months. I had an array of tasks during my internship, which enhanced my knowledge in economics. The most valuable part of my internship was the work environment I was exposed to and the responsibilities I had.

I helped in the info material preparation for the minister’s work trip to Italy, which included writing economic profiles, which was a valuable research experience. I also learned a lot about the relations of Bulgaria with other European countries by updating economic reports that included numbers about investments, tourism, and trade. I also did some mechanical tasks like translating documents, writing thank you letters. These tasks helped me develop my skills as a worker.

My summer internship helped me gain work experience in my home country and gave me the chance to see what it was like to work for a government institution. In the future, I will continue experimenting with internships and comparing them in order to find the perfect fit for me.

Hi! I'm Ana-Elena and I'm a student at Dickinson College. I'm an Economics and Art History double major and international student from Bulgaria. 
Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.