How to De-Stress During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Exams?! Papers?! Finals?! Don’t worry, through all the stress and responsibilities, there are ways to relax. So before having a panic attack or taking your finals anxiety out on your loved ones, try some of these tips to de-stress.

Image

Go to The Makery

Dickinsonians, be sure to check out this special little corner in the basement of Bosler where you can make your own crafts and play videogames. Channel the energy frm your stress to make something using your own creativity.

Take Naps

Procrastinating can be stressful and staying up late to write a paper can leave you sleep deprived and caffeine reliant. Never underestimate the power of a good nap! Sleep is extremely undervalued and you might find that this is the perfect remedy to the stress that can cloud your mind during the whirlwind that is finals week. 

Meditate

One proven way to de-stress is to meditate. Take some time for yourself and practice just breathing. Here’s a link for some breathing exercises.

Take a Walk / Go for a Bike Ride

It’s springtime and the sun is shining, so if you want to take your mind off of all the work you have to do, just go out for a walk in this wonderful weather or rent a bike from DPS and take a ride around town. You might find that doing something active can be the motivation you need to get back in the studying “zone.”

Sit Outside

If you don’t feel like staring at a computer screen, disconnect from your devices for a second and take your work outside. Sometimes the best remedy for stress is a little fresh air! When it’s time to take a break bring a coloring book to design fun patterns or a good book to read, like Milk and Honey. 

Good luck to all, collegiettes! You’re going to ace these finals. 

Julia Mercado

Dickinson '20

Julia is an English major who just loves to write. You can normally find her looking for the next Netflix original to watch... or coming up with her own script ideas. With Her Campus, she hopes to reach out to other college women like her!