Dickinson’s Wellness Superwoman: Nancy Cicak

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Nancy Cicak, a Nurse Practitioner at the Wellness Center, is a valuable member of the Dickinson community. She is extremely passionate about what she does. Nancy is dedicated to creating a healthier and more positive Dickinson community. Her work as a Nurse Practitioner at the Wellness Center and as an advisor for Peers Assisting in Learning about Sex (PALS) embodies this.

Her Campus Dickinson reached out to Nancy to learn more about her, her work, how Dickinson has changed and her goals for the future.

Name: Nancy Cicak

Job Title: Nurse Practitioner

Hometown: Harrisburg, PA

College: University of Pennsylvania

Major: Certificate Nurse Practitioner

HC: Can you tell us about your position at Dickinson College?

NC: I am a Nurse Practitioner at the Wellness Center. My focus is on Women and Men’s Sexual Health.

HC: How long have you been working at the Wellness Center?

NC: I have been working at the Wellness Center since 1985.

HC: Are you involved with anything else on campus?

NC: I have been the advisor for PALS since 2000.

HC: Why do you think having an organization like PALS is so important to the Dickinson community?

NC: PALS members bring sexual information to the student body in a fun and informative way.  It allows a healthy dialogue concerning all aspects of sexual health, birth control, reproductive information and positive sex messages.

HC: What kind of work did you do before coming to Dickinson?

NC:  I was a Nurse Practitioner and clinic manager at Planned Parenthood in Harrisburg, Middletown and Perry County.

HC: What is the most rewarding part about your job?

NC: Working with students.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Dickinson?

NC: The students and their energy!

HC: What is a little known fact about you?

NC: I was married in Memorial Hall in Old West in 1986.

HC: How has Dickinson changed since you started working here?

NC: When I started we did not offer any types of birth control or STI screening.  Much has changed since that time.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish at Dickinson in the future?

NC: To continue to empower students concerning their sexual health and choices by providing factual and accurate information and support.

Anonymous at Dickinson