Style > Beauty

From Catwalk to Campus: 5 Beauty Trends for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Seasons come and go, as do beauty trends. Never fear, collegiettes! HC is here to share some of the exciting trends to hit the runways this spring. From fresh, dewy faces to glam, glittery lips, the variety of trends assures that any collegiette can find a new look to love.

BB Cream Beauty

Maybe we can thank designers for this trend, or maybe Kim Kardashian West, but this Spring swap your foundation out for something with a little less coverage. The fresh-faced look is in and can be achieved with a tinted moisturizer or BB cream. My personal favorite is Laura Mercier’s Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, but for those of you looking for something more affordable, Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Enhancer should do the trick.

Springtime Gothic

It seems like the Romantic Gothic trend has not only taken over runway fashion, but also beauty trends for spring as well. Wine/plum-colored lips are no longer for the colder seasons. Who says dark lips don’t belong in the springtime?

Festival Floral

Floral isn’t just in on your clothes this spring. Flower crowns made a big appearance on SS17 runways this year. Maybe an extravagant flower crown isn’t the most class-appropriate look, but why not make a nod to this trend with a tiny flower accessory. I personally love these flower clips from Asos.

An Eyeshadow Look Monet Could Appreciate

Delicate pastel shadow can make a romantic addition to your spring beauty looks. With a fresh face and a pop of delicate colors, you’re sure to feel ready to frolic among the flowers… or something equally festive for spring. 

Glitter is Never Off-Trend

Sure, some might say glitter is strictly for the holiday season, but runway beauty trends would say otherwise! Glitter is a fun addition to any look, especially if you’re looking for something a little bolder. Spring into your night out with a little 70’s style glam on your eyes or lips. Unsure of where to pick up a glitter lipstick? Check out Jouer’s Long-Wear Lip Topper!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.