free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get Your Dream Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Get Your Dream Internship

Even though the summer seems like it’s far away, it’s never to soon to start preparing for a summer internship. Just imagine your dream job, now imagine being able to intern there. Would not that be the best experience ever? However, getting that dream internship won’t be easy. Remember hundreds of applications come swarming at their desk, so what will make yours stand out. Here are some tips to help you achieve your dream internship.  

1. Research the company

Check out the website of your dream internship. Make sure you have all the information needed about the employer. Examine the website and learn their goals and mission statement. Take notes so that you can really relate to them during the interview. Interviewers will really be impressed that you understand the company’s goals.

2. Network! Network! Network!

You just never know what professors have contacts to your dream internship. The more people you develop relationships with, the more likely it is you will have insiders to refer you for job openings. Most campuses have networking events or career fairs so be sure to attend them and establish relationships with campus recruiters or prospective employers.

3. Got That Resume!

You will be judged on the basis of your resume so make sure to have it critiqued by campus Career Services. Internship recruiters and employers don’t expect you to have a lot of work experience, but you should use your resume to highlight your talents, skills and extracurricular activities and sports. Show employers what you have accomplished, whether it was in another job or through sports or school activities. Show that you are a self-starter who is willing to work hard and learn on the job.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.