jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Games for Girls Who Love Games

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Would you consider yourself a gamer girl or do you enjoy a nice day of snacks in front of your PS4(or Xbox)? If you’re looking for some new games with a great story here a few of my faves for girls not into the whole “Fortnite” rave:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

This game was one of best games I’ve ever played. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic United States, ridden with hostile robot creatures and humans who have returned to a state of primitive life. You play as Aloy who must figure out the secrets of this new world. The game is beautiful with a full map of the land, and realistic graphics. It offers 30 hours of story mode play, and about 50 hours with side missions and other tasks included. This game is sure to ignite the warrior in your gameplay as it did for me.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the second game in the Red Dead Redemption franchise and is actually the prequel to the original game. These games are regarded as some of the best games in history. If you have played Red Dead Redemption 1 on PS3 you must delve back into the story in RDR2. You follow Arthur and the Van der Linde gang at the beginning of the end of the Wild West era. This thrilling game gives you’re the option to decide your honor, while playing as a gun slinging outlaw. This game is also a beautiful game in terms of graphics and story, with a jaw dropping cinematic camera that will have you feeling right in the line of fire, keeping you on your toes and ready to shoot.

1. Life is Strange

If you’re not into any violence, but interested in a game that gives you decisions on how you play, Life is Strange is there for you. This game follows a girl called Max who discovers she has time altering powers. You can either change your decisions or keep them the way they are, which inevitably alters how your story will go. Your choices affect everything in the game so choose carefully. This game has about 15 hours of gameplay, but replaying over and over will give you a different outcome each time.

Hey! My name is Caleisha Braxton and I currently attend Delaware State University for a degree in Mass Communications. From a young age, speaking to people and writing were my strongest attributes and I decided to pursue a career in Public Relations. Im from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia Pennsylvania. Growing up in the inner city of West Philadelphia shaped me to become a strong-willed and independent person. Regardless of my background, I prevailed to become a 4.0 student in college. Being from the area I am, I want to be successful to make both my family and community proud, especially since I am I First Generation College student.I use writing to relax myself and also to inform others.
Born and raised in sunny California but am currently attending DESU. Studying mass communications & theatre. Hopefully you'll see me on TV some day but for now, you can read some of my articles!