What To Put In Your Backpack To Survive The Library During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

We have them three times a year, and they always come around way too fast. How are we supposed to be tested on the things when we’ve only been in class for about ten minutes?

Okay, so that may be a slight exaggeration, but it still feels VERY real. So in an attempt to dull the pain of studying, make sure you keep these things close as you pound the books at the Richardson Library.

1. Headphones

You cannot go to the library without headphones – tune out the outside noise, and tune in to your personal study hype music. Plus, music has actually been proven to be a useful study tool, so embrace it.

2. Drink of Choice

Whether it’s coffee or tea, bring something to quench the craving. There should be no excuses to get up and leave The Zone, so anticipate your needs and come prepared. The second you make an excuse to leave, the harder it is to come back.

3. Chargers

There is nothing worse than walking all the way to the Richardson Library only to open a dead laptop and have to walk all the way back. You are going to feel super unmotivated and frustrated when you have to walk through an arctic tundra just to grab a bundle of cords. Stay cozy and stay charged up.

4. Comfy Sweats Material OVER EVERYTHING

Speaking of cozy, the comfier the better. Some say “dress to impress”; I say dress for zero stress. Midterms are about your brains not your looks, so instead of focusing on whether or not you top matches your jeans, cozy up and open a book. Remember, it’s what’s on the inside that counts!  

5. A Big Bottle of Water

Okay, so even though you should always have your drink of choice, if you are anything like me, then you still need water. It’s always good to have H20 nearby because although a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks can cure your chocolate cravings, you still need to stay hydrated.

We all have our own so-called “survival kits” in mind, but I thought I would pass my must-haves along to you! Winter Midterms Season is our least favorite time of the year: it’s cold, it’s gloomy, and to top it off, we have exams. But you are ALL strong, independent women who will kick ass at these midterms.

All pictures are courtesy of Pinterest

be the voice.