This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

I am starting to lose all motivation to do homework. I’m not sure if it’s because of the cold weather, just finishing midterms or the fact that I never leave my house. But, here are a few ways I am continuing to stay productive while also taking time for myself.

girl stressed at computer
energepic.com

1.     I found out when I am most productive

I am not a morning person, but if I have learned anything during this school year, it’s that I get most of my homework done right when I wake up. I’ve found that if I put off my homework until the evening, it usually doesn’t get done. So, find out when you feel most productive and try to work on most of your assignments at that time.

2.     Write in a planner

I always write down my assignments and when they are due. I try to make a list every day of what I need to complete, so I stay on track. 

3.     Find a quiet spot for yourself 

I recently bought a desk for my room because I was getting too distracted in other places around my house. I needed to create a space to get my work done in a quiet environment. 

4.     Take breaks 

Everybody needs to take breaks. Whether you grab a snack, go to the gym, or take a nap, it’s always good to get away from your computer for a little while. Personally, when it’s not zero degrees and snowing, I like to take a walk. Walking clears my mind and gets me thinking about something other than school. 

5.     Most importantly, continue to do things you enjoy

Obviously, it is important to finish your assignments and study for your upcoming exams, but it’s also important to take time for yourself. Find time in your schedule to do the things you enjoy, whether it’s baking, reading, watching a movie, or spending time with family and friends (safely, of course). 

My name is Jaydalyn and I am a sophomore at DePaul University majoring in art, media, and design.