Exploring Wicker Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

As DePaul students and residents of Chicago, I believe it is our duty to explore all that this amazing city has to offer. Easily accessible from the Damen Blue Line stop, Wicker Park was at the top of my list. It was basically a college girl’s paradise: a quirky coffee shop, a cozy boutique, and a charming used bookstore. 

The first spot of interest I came across was Myopic Books. Coming from a former independent bookstore employee, I really appreciated this stop. It was stacked from floor to ceiling with everything from books on bird watching to Buddhism to The Beatles. Sadly, they do not allow you to take photographs inside so I am unable to show you the inside. 

Next, I came across an eccentric, bustling, 80s-themed little coffee shop. The Wormhole is known for their unique specialty drinks like the peanut butter KoopaTroopa Latte. Samantha Wild wrote a great article on some awesome coffee shops in Chicago, including The Wormhole! You can check it out here

Last but definitely not least, I discovered this beautiful boutique on Milwaukee Ave. If you enjoy cute clothes, good smells, and lots of succulents, you will love Eskell. 

Wicker Park is a perfect place to wander around if you find yourself with a free Sunday every now and again between the seemingly never-ending stream of papers and tests.