8 Ways to Love Yourself On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

February 14: Valentine’s Day. The day of love that young couples look forward to and desperate singles often dread. It’s easy to get swept away in the made-up-for-retail holiday. If you’re in a relationship, you feel the pressure to do something cute and extravagant with your loved one. If you’re not, you feel the need to justify why you aren’t in a relationship and prepare yourself to look longingly at the cute couples doing cute things on Valentine’s Day. But Valentine’s Day isn’t only (or shouldn’t be) about showing love to your significant other. It should also be about showing yourself a little love. Here are 8 ways to love yourself on Valentine’s Day:

1. Write yourself a love note.

Valentines aren’t just for classmates and SOs, they’re for you, too! Write a letter to yourself about the things you love about yourself.

(Photo courtesy of Dating & Relationships – LoveToKnow)

2. Give yourself a facemask.

Make time to pamper yourself. Buy the facemask at Target you’ve been wanting since NYE and try it out.

(Photo courtesy of adv-bio.com)

3. Have a night with your girls.

With a busy schedule, it can be hard to find time for you girls (even if you’re single). Call them up and in invite them over to your place for a night of popcorn, movies and gossip.

4. Give yourself a manicure.

When you look nice, you feel nice. Give yourself a manicure or get your nails done by a professional.

(Photo courtesy of Serente Spa)

5. Watch your favorite TV show with your favorite meal.

If your girls are busy or you just want some alone time, have a night with yourself. Turn on your favorite TV show, cook up your favorite meal, and enjoy your time at home.

6. Go for run or workout at the gym.

Nothing feels better than finishing a workout and appreciating what your body can do. Go for a run, or lift a few weights, and see what your body is capable of.

(Photo courtesy of Runtastic)

7. Have a dance party with your roommates.

Turn on your favorite music, grab your girls, turn on some flashing lights and dance your stressors away.

8. Take a bubble bath.

Light a few candles, grab a bath bomb from Lush and enjoy a few hours in your bathtub with hot water and a good read.

Valentine’s Day is not only a reminder to show your loved ones that you care, but to show yourself a little love too. Make sure you make time for yourself on Valentine’s Day.

DePaul '19 Journalsim, Public Relations and Advertising major. Diet coke is my favorite & so is eating in general. Watching Scandal, Once Upon a Time & listening to Demi Lovato are my pass times.