5 Things to Buy on Amazon Instead of Studying for Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

We all know that procrastination is an essential part of being a college student. We wish it wasn’t, but let’s face it: all of us at some point or another have avoided doing homework until the very last second. For some of us, scrolling through Instagram is our #1 source of procrastination, and for others it’s watching YouTube. For everyone else, it’s online shopping. Specifically, adding things to your cart and then never buying them. Sometimes we do go through with the purchase, and so if you’re looking for 5 useful things you can get on Amazon Prime, then you have come to the right place!

1. Dry Brush

It’s supposedly great for exfoliation and stimulating better circulation. You rub in long strokes over the body toward the heart before getting in the shower. It’s okay if you’re a little pink, it goes away after a while. Step up your beauty routine with one here.

Image

2. Facial Steamer

Let’s face it – all of us college students are broke. Yet we want to treat ourselves and go to the spa! Bring the spa to home with a facial steamer. It’s cheaper than any spa treatment you’ll get AND it’s reusable, unlike a spa treatment which only happens once. It even comes with those fancy extraction tools so you can sit and obsessively pop every blackhead or pimple. This facial steamer will help relieve your skin from the lovely Chicago pollution! Get it here.

Image

3. Cork Coasters

Not much to say about ‘em! They’re ~aesthetically pleasing~ and help prevent rings on your coffee table. You get 10 of them so all your friends can have one when they come over! Buy these babies here.

Image

4.Indian Healing Clay Face Mask

This stuff is literally the best. With over 15,000 reviews and 4.5 stars, you know it’s gotta do the trick. Mix it with apple cider vinegar for best results, and I’ve found that you really only need ½ a tablespoon of the powder. Remember to not use a metal bowl or utensil to mix it, as metal messes with the effectiveness of the clay! I personally love this mask and feel like it makes my skin brighter. Plus it’s only $10! Get it here.

Image

5. Silicone Face Mask Brush

Get this to go along with the healing clay! It makes a world of a difference when putting on a face mask. These silicone brushes make you feel very pampered, as if your home is the spa. We are all about treating ourselves here at Her Campus! We want you to feel good. You get 2 brushes for $5 which is a total steal! Buy them here.

Image

Anna Wolf

DePaul '21

DePaul 2021