This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Hey everyone, Alex here. Sometimes, all that studying, writing, or sitting though midterms deserves some self care, which comes in many shapes and forms! I practice self care with a glass of iced coffee that gives a boost of energy when I hit the books or binge watching a TV show like the CW’s Batwoman, like I am now. Many of my forms of self care come in a mug, so without further ado, here are two iced coffee and tea recipes to help you through the many hours of school work!

Image

Iced Coffee

Ingredients:

• 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons instant coffee of choice

• ½ to 1 tablespoons of sugar

• ¼  to ½ cup of warm water

• ¾ to one cup of cold               

Directions: 

1. Place coffee and sugar into a mason jar

2. Pour warm water into the jar

3. Give the jar a nice, tight seal and give it a brisk thirty second shake, or until foam develops

4. Fill a glass of choice with ice

5. Pour coffee mixture from the mason jar over the ice

6. Pour in the milk following the coffee

7. Stir until coffee and milk are combined, and enjoy 

Iced Tea By The Glass 

Ingredients:

• 1 to 2 bags of your favorite green or black tea 

• ½ to 1 tablespoons of sugar

• ½ to ¾  cup of hot water

• ¼ to ½ cup of cold water 

• ¾ to one cup of cold                    

Directions: 

1. Place tea bag(s) and hot water into a glass measuring cup.

2. Allow tea to steep a little longer than package directions.

3. Once the tea is done steeping, stir in cold water and sugar until combined. 

4. Fill a glass of choice with ice.

5. Pour warm tea mixture over ice, give it another quick stir, and enjoy.

Image

If you’d like, use decaf coffee as a nightcap! As a slight bonus recipe, use a mix of chamomile, blueberry, and aloe tea along with any non-dairy milk to make a homemade Starbucks-inspired “purple drink,” or just mix blueberry for a light, healthier pink drink. Of couse, the amount or type of milk and sugar in either recipe is adjustable (based on any dietary needs).

Feel free to message me on my Instagram @shes_anamericanbeautyalex.98 if you have any further questions you have about these recipes and/or want any recommendations about the coffee, tea, and milk I use for these recipes. Cheers and best wishes! Especially to DePaul ladies moving forward in the quarter!                    

Hello everyone,I am Alex Acain, and a senior at DePaul. I am Chicago born, and raised. I am double-majoring in Journalism, and Sports Communication, and minoring in Photography. Whenever I have the spare time, and depending on the season, I always like to either watch, or listen to, Bears, Blackhawks, and Cubs games while cheering for them of course. I also like to ; watch movies, listen to music, make different tea and coffee drinks, other simple recipes, and cosplay every once in a while as I am also a big pop culture fan. Finally, since I think the West Coast is the best coast, one of my favorite places to travel to is Southern California to see my family and for the, food scene, beaches and places like Universal Studios and Disneyland.