This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Whether or not you have a special someone to serenade this Valentine’s day, it is still a perfect time to get in the spirit of romance. I believe music is one of the best ways to sway your moods and emotions. Although Valentine’s day is full of couples expressing their mooshy gooshy love for each other, it can also be a day to focus on how much you adore your friends and self love! In order to help you get in the moooood I have created a list of songs for this Valentine’s day for all of the different love out there! Love is love! 

Best Part- H.E.R & Daniel Caesar: If you’re looking for an artist that can help you romance your significant other, Daniel Caesar is the artist for you! 

Who Says- Selena Gomez: You may remember this banger from our childhood, but it still 

keeps me feeling confident and loving myself

Lover- Taylor Swift: Taylor really gets to those hopeless romantics in this new song

Say You Won’t Let Go- James Arthur: Although this song is truly for a romantic couple, my bestie and I really vibe to this song!

Beautiful- Christina Aguilera: We all know this bop and it helps us all feel so powerful

My Favorite Part- Mac Miller: This song features Ariana Grande and it is a great one to just express your admiration to your person!

love you balloons pink
Photo by Lex Guerra on Unsplash

Ocean – Martin Garrix & Khalid: For those lovers in long distance relationships, this song can really hit the spot 

Always Remember Us This Way- Lady Gaga: A Star is Born is naturally a romantic movie, and all of its music really presents that like this song 

All of Me- John Legend: A classic that will never get old, and all the feels you could ever ask for! 

True Love- P!nk & Lily Allen: I believe this song expresses the reality of love including frustration and admiration 

Girl on Fire- Alicia Keys: Finally I end on an empowering note for all of the queens out there reading this! I hope it helped!

Hi! My name is Gabriella Longo and I am from Cleveland Ohio. I am a sophomore at Denison University, and I am interested in majoring in Psychology with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies, and a Queer studies concentration. I have a strong passion for social justice, I enjoy photography, and I am a fencer at Denison. I joined Her Campus for the opportunity to share my writing as well as enjoy the writing of other amazing female writers. I hope you enjoy!
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.