The Most Productive Ways to Procrastinate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
  1. Clean your room. Everyone knows the challenges of working in an overly cluttered space. While it may take some time, cleaning your space really can help your productivity and mindset going into all your final exam studying. 

2. Exercise. During busy and stressful times, so many people ride off the opportunity to go to the gym, or even just a walk outside, for the sake of ‘saving time’. However, it’s taking moments like this for yourself that really help you clear your mind and make sitting down at a desk afterwards a bit more bearable. Not only will it make you feel like you’ve done something productive, but also getting those endorphins flowing will wake you up and give you more energy to tackle your day. 

3. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Especially in college, it’s really easy to go weeks, even months, without talking to some of your friends and family members. This is another (somewhat) good way to procrastinate! Maintaining strong relationships through simply calling to check in and catch up is not only good for your relationship, but also makes you feel better and can serve as a little pick me up in stressful moments. 

4. Holiday shopping. If you need to take a break from studying, browsing gift ideas for your family and friends couldn’t hurt. Getting home in mid-December and scrambling for last minute gifts is always stressful, so just adding a few things to cart ahead of time may be your best bet. 

5. Get good rest. I guess this isn’t really a procrastinating tip, but it’s easy to want to maximize your time preparing for all of your different assignments and stay up all night studying. However, it’s so important to take care of and treat yourself during stressful periods, it will make it go by so much faster!

Hello! My name is Elliot Whitney and I'm a sophomore at Denison University where I am studying history and communications. I'm a Washington, DC native and love exploring my surrounding areas.
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.