harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

How to Cure Writer’s Block With Brain Farts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

AVANTAEA’S DAILY MIND FARTS: PART 1

OCTOBER 2, 2018 11:54PM

THINGS THAT ARE ON MY MIND AT THIS MOMENT

• I HAVE A PAPER TO WRITE
  • I DO NOT WANT TO WRITE IT
  • IT IS DUE TOMORROW
  • I REALLY LIKE THE SHORTS I’M WEARING
  • I LOVE CHICKENS
  • PHO SOUNDS SO GOOD RIGHT NOW BUT I JUST HAD TACOS
  • POTATO TACOS

Why are “mind farts” good for the soul?

Personally, I love writing my mind farts, because it’s whatever is on your mind– good or bad, now just out there in the universe. It’s my personal stress relief, and it is what has gotten me through some weird and emotionally stressful times in my life. Some people write in journals, some have therapists, I have mind farts. A lot of them, I might add.

Many define “brain farts” as thoughts or ideas that are “wrong” or ideas that you are forgetting or missing when trying to remember something. Which in many cases does happen. But my definition of “mind farts” are simply your daily small personal thoughts (even very ridiculous ones) that essentially make up the personality that makes you YOU. Some of you might be asking yourselves, “Why in tarnation is she writing about minds farting?” Well, in all honesty, this article is one of my mind farts. Many write what they are passionate about (including me), but sometimes to find what you are passionate about, you have to write whatever comes to your mind. Many times when I do this, it comes out better than when I plan what I want to write. These thoughts (even sometimes not even large thoughts) can lead to huge ideas that end up being very helpful in self growth. So next time you have writer’s block or are feeling down about life, try writing down your smallest and dumbest thoughts and see where it takes you!

Hello! My name is Avantaea Siefke and I am from Columbus Ohio. I love to laugh, travel, and meet new people. I am obsessed with Spotify and learning about peoples taste in music. Oh and I freaking love chickens! That is all for this bio, Thank you!