etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

The Daily Reminder That You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

I have a firm belief that people tend to go about their day with only a half-functioning mind. Now, I don’t mean it in the sense when people say that they’re “out of it” or that they can’t think because of lack of sleep or caffeine. (although that has happened to me on numerous occasions.) What I’m trying to say is that there are certain parts of yourself that you only allow to display as you go through your day-to-day work. As people, we are often conditioned to not allow our emotions to get in the way of what we are trying to achieve in our life, and that can stretch out to an abundant of tasks that we are all aiming to work through. To some extent, it is necessary to be able to have the ability to put aside your emotions under certain circumstances…. but, we’re not androids. I am very sorry to inform you this, but you are a human being with a beating, blood-pumping heart. Unless you’re officially diagnosed as an actual sociopath, you are a person that feels emotions, no matter how much you want to deny it. The toughest, hard-shelled person that you know is probably also the same person that feels the most.

So, I am asking you to take a beat and allow yourself to feel whatever it is you need to feel. Don’t ever feel the need to deny your emotions because—and hear me when I say this—they are validated. Whatever it is you’re going through right now is something you’re either going to fail or succeed at, and those are the facts. Either way, you’re going to move on to the next thing in your life and you’re going to work your hardest on that. If you ever feel as if everything in your life is falling apart completely, just know that nobody in their life has their crap together. Nobody just “does it all” naturally. How does that even exist? Where does that even come from? If it looks as if someone is succeeding continuously at a specific thing, they are undoubtedly failing at something else in their life. Trust me. Alright, now that all of that is said and done, go back to hustling. You’ve got this.