This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi South chapter.

The seasonal transition calls for cozying up on the sofa and reliving some of our favorite childhood classics without the standard capitalism infused guilt. Now more than ever, it’s more than okay to tune into a place of momentary contentment with a sense of familiarity that feels like home. Here are some of my favorite movies/series in no order of preference. If you haven’t watched these, now is the perfect time to catch up on them and cling to the feeling of nostalgia that they bring!

FREAKY FRIDAY (2003)

Starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan, this movie explores the literal meaning of “put oneself in another’s shoes”. Having a troubled relationship with surface-level engagement, a mother and daughter find themselves in a position of interchanged lives post having fortune cookies in a restaurant after a fight. A heartfelt comedy with the kind of communication that takes place through experiencing the events of the other person’s life and understanding where they are coming from while ensuring a good laugh along the way.

Streaming on Hotstar

GILMORE GIRLS (2000-07)

Starring Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham, Gilmore Girls has a way of getting you hooked onto the subtle, sweet, and occasionally compelling storyline along with constantly tempting you to leave everything and move to the fictional town of “Stars Hollow”. You can find yourself relating to Lorelai’s caffeine addiction and dreaming about being as well read as Rori. The food, aesthetics, and heartfelt moments alongside covering themes of relationships, dreams, and family dynamics give the audience a lot to resonate with.

Streaming on Netflix

RUNAWAY BRIDE (1999)

Starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, Maggie Carpenter is labeled as the “runaway bride” by a city journalist for jilting three guys at the altar. The story revolves around exploring the dynamics between the two which does not begin on a high note. With one of our favorite romcom duos, this one never fails to make you laugh and get your mind off the assignments you are putting off!

Streaming on Hotstar

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY (1989)

Starring Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, this is one of the best romantic comedies to have ever existed. The story revolves around two individuals who reunite after 10 years and struggle to maintain their platonic relationship. This is a heartwarming, cozy, funny, and wholesome movie that makes you want to make the most of the season.

Streaming on YouTube

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK (1990-96)

Though it will not completely fall into the genre of horror for many of us now, this truly is one of our favorite childhood horror classics. This happens to be the one with a sense of nostalgia, a rare combination of horror with comfort and not to mention, the classic campfire setting which was every kid’s idea of an ideal picnic and nightmare at the same time.

Streaming on YouTube

AUTUMN IN NEW YORK (2000)

Starring Charlotte Fielding and Richard Gere, one must be in the mood for this one as it may take a lot longer to process than you may think. One of the most heartbreaking movies revolving around the theme of romance with someone who is experiencing a terminal illness. Grab a pack of tissues as you may need a lot of them, enjoy the sweet moments along the way and the beautiful storyline that has a way of nabbing your attention.

Streaming on Amazon Prime

TWIN PEAKS (1990-91)

Created by Mark Frost and David Lynch, the brilliance in the shift of the very genre makes this an intriguing watch, expanding one’s curiosity and enthusiasm. Starting with a murder investigation, the story works its way into discovering the mysterious secrets of the town “ Twin Peaks” while touching on paranormal elements. This is one of the most hyped TV series, and watching it will confirm that for you!

Streaming on Hotstar

DEAD POETS SOCIETY (1989)

This movie will make you introspect the very basis of everything you have been taught so far, develop a better perspective on things, and adopt a thoughtful approach in life. Starring Robin Williams, an English teacher teaching his students ways to break out of the status quo in an environment that thrives off of tradition, this is one of those movies that you will always carry with you!

Streaming on Hotstar

RUDY (1993)

Based on the real-life account of Daniel Ruettiger, Rudy dreams of playing for the University of Notre Dame but has to experience numerous obstacles and traumas along the way. Touching on dyslexia and basing resilience at the heart of the movie, this one is sure to ignite a lot of hope in  the hearts of many. If the weight of the world is feeling hard to carry at the moment, watch this movie!

Streaming on YouTube

CHARLIE’S ANGELS (2000)

Starring Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu, this is one of the most fun action movies to watch. Women investigators who are extremely skilled at martial arts make you really root for them! Three private investigators who work for Charlie set out to track down the kidnapped owner of a billionaire company. The trio with its unique quirks adds life to the genre and makes it far more compelling to watch.

Streaming on Amazon Prime

I hope this encourages you to take time out for yourself and feel reunited with your old self as you reminisce about the movies/series/art that makes you feel at home. You deserve it!

Priyasha Mohanty

Delhi South '21

Figuring it out as I go!