Untitled design 2019 05 09T144014896png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Untitled design 2019 05 09T144014896png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Etsy
Wellness

The Ultimate Guide To Boost Your Inner Confidence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Everybody struggles with self-confidence. To be honest, the world we live in isn’t making it any easier either. Everyone, regardless of gender, race, or social status, requires self-assurance. Every person should be able to feel comfortable about himself or herself. I know, I know, it’s easier said than done. But do NOT worry! We have curated the ultimate guide to build and boost your inner self-confidence and bloom into your BEST self! Are you excited?!

Ah, the tranquilly of the aeroplane mode! 

It’s far too fine to be used only on flights. We’re a lot happier and more present when we unplug and avoid over-exposing ourselves to all the content and noise of social media where so many of us constantly feel inadequate, unattractive, shaky, or uninteresting. We don’t have to look for ways to improve ourselves regularly. We should recognise that perfection does not exist. Taking a break from social media will help get a clearer picture of reality.

Be you, do you

As cliché as it sounds, be yourself! As much as we fear rejection, we shouldn’t have to push ourselves to fit into a mould of what makes others comfortable. We challenge you to break the mould and let your individuality shine through! Start picking out the good thing about yourself rather than the imperfections. Don’t be afraid to wear something that you like, or do something that you enjoy. Again, make no apologies for the things that bring you joy. Enjoy your eccentricity and you’ll attract your tribe while also assisting others in doing so too!

Hower yourself with affection

While being kinder to yourself mentally is a huge plus, you don’t really have to stop there! Masturbation floods us with feel-good chemicals like endorphins, dopamine and the love hormone oxytocin. They are all related to feelings of happiness and self-awareness. So don’t be shy in giving pleasure to your body.

Ditch feeling guilty

You’re probably aware that shame is a negative emotion that makes you feel bad. While it’s easy to feel and express compassion for others, it’s much more difficult to feel and express compassion for ourselves. Many of us who struggle with self-compassion often struggle with shame or self-doubt about food, sexuality, health, finances, jobs, fitness, politics, family, friends, entertainment and so on. The list can be endless. But that’s exactly what we don’t want to do. We gotta fight feeling ashamed about everything constantly. We are all just humans at the end of the day.

Be grateful for everything in the world

Gratitude is so important in our lives. Cascading waterfalls, sunsets, ramen… we can choose to be grateful for so much! This will, at least partially, divert our attention from negative self-sabotaging thought cycles to things that make us happy. Make time to do what you enjoy and revel in the moment. You’ll begin to see the bigger picture as you’re filled with appreciation for this magical world. Why not direct your attention to the things that really matter, right?

So here were some of our tips on boosting inner confidence. Do you have any recommendations that work for you? 

Kritika Tomar

Delhi North '23

Kritika is a student of Hansraj College, University of Delhi. She's a sucker for pizzas and rom-coms. She loves cotton candy skies, acoustic music and cats.