My Top 6 Winter Savors: Are You In For The Flavorful Ride?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Winter is that magical time of the year that heralds the feeling of being in a wonderland. The days become shorter and nights longer. It is accompanied by the onset of a cool breeze sweeping through the day, cascading sunshine, and chilly nights. In this embrace, winter is the new onset of hope, joy, and peace shared by all. 

For many, the season is a welcoming relief from the sweltering heat, offering a touch of coziness. Many activities come into play, ranging from people decorating their houses for Thanksgiving, children waiting for presents during Christmas, and the celebratory mood for New Year’s. This season infuses everyone with a festive mood, eagerly anticipating the special season ahead.

With winter bringing a chill in the air, the craving for warm and comforting food is undeniable. From hearty stews to savoring desserts, the season offers a variety of food options to excite our taste buds and keep us comfortable. We often hop onto different food items to fulfill our cravings, ensuring to have scrumptious bites so that our stomach can feel the satisfaction from it. From a delicious steamy soup and apple pies to the delicacies of chicken biryani, here are a few of my favorite foods that help me keep warm. 

1. CHICKEN SOUP

Chicken soup is a must-have if you want to keep yourself warm against the icy temperatures. It offers a soothing combination of broth, vegetables, and tender chicken. The warmth exuded with each sip comforts the whole body. It is the perfect food if you catch a cold. Not only does it keep the body warm, but it also helps boost the immune system, making it an edible embrace. 

2. HOT CHOCOLATE

Hot chocolate is more than just a beverage. It is a winter ritual of devouring sweetness that helps one escape the cold. The taste is so heavenly that just a sip of it warms your heart! However, hot chocolate with whipped cream is the icing on the cake. Extremely rich and comforting, hot chocolate delights me with its smooth blend of cocoa, sweetness, and warmth. It is an apt food to devour during winter. 

3. PANCAKES

Topped with syrup or fruits, pancakes offer a delightful combination of both softness and sweetness. They are termed as healthy and often regarded to be a breakfast classic. The texture is so fluffy that it makes you want to eat more, justifying its specialty. Pancakes can be eaten anytime, especially while watching a movie – a cozy time with the fluffiest food while watching a beautiful rom-com movie? We love that! It’s the perfect atmosphere for a delightful ambiance!

4. PIZZA

Pizza is what resonates with culinary perfection. There could only be a handful of people who do not crave pizza. The rest know how to set the correct vibe with this beloved food. Pizza is everyone’s favorite but, gosh! Devouring it in Winter just takes you to another zone of feeling refreshed and fulfilled. It is truly a winter classic, and lives up to the statement, “In the pizza of life, love is the extra cheese”!

5. THUKPA

A traditional Tibetan noodle soup, Thukpa is incredibly flavourful. Made with various veggies, a hint of spices, and Hakka noodles, it has become one of the most admired dishes among Indian people. Thukpa satisfies the taste buds and also fulfills all nutritional requirements. With its spiciness helping the body stay warm, thukpa is a must-have during winters. 

6. CHICKEN BIRYANI

Chicken Biryani, the absolute favorite among Indians, just makes the day easier. There’s a saying among Indians about how biryani is an emotion, evoking a heightened euphoric state whenever it’s mentioned. With its lip-smacking taste, Biryani makes winter feel warmer and cozier, becoming a feast for every non-vegetarian Indian household. It’s a celebration on the dining table! In this weather, no other dish can bring the satisfaction and fulfillment as Biryani does, making it a celebratory dish that everyone should savor to the fullest.  

I hope these mouth-watering favorites of mine help you decide your next food hunt! Until then, XOXO <3

Kakolika Gogoi

Delhi North '25

Kakolika Gogoi is a member of the editorial team at Her Campus Delhi North Chapter. She is determined to produce write ups related to career, life and entertainment that include the coverage of the world of education, movies and music, and general life experiences. Kakolika is extremely passionate about the field of international relations and public policy and could see her scroll through her twitter feed only to acquaint herself with the occurrences of the world. She is a trained singer and hence never misses a day without getting her vocals set into numerous tunes, that is to say, she loves to sing with her heart out. A movie buff, Kakolika favors watching movies that comprise great historical drama and feel good romcoms. Her mom is her biggest bestfriend and hence is the one with whom she can gossip all day long and rant together with all the relatable problems that come along their way!