This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Over the past four years, there have been many professors and staff who have impacted my college experience. Upon graduation, it seems only fitting to thank them, via email or in person. If you want to thank your professor, but don’t know where to start, look to the templates below.

Option 1: A Pre-Graduation Thank You

Dear [Insert Name Here],

I hope you are well! With graduation approaching, I wanted to reach out and thank you for the time you’ve taken to teach me. Thanks to your course, [Insert Name of Course Here], I feel [Insert How You Feel About the Class or Life Beyond Graduation]. It has been a pleasure having you as a professor, and I would love to keep in touch in the future.

With Gratitude,

[Insert Name Here]

Option 2: A Post-Graduation Thank You

Dear [Insert Name Here],

Happy [Insert Day of the Week Here]! I couldn’t graduate from [Insert school here] without thanking you for [Insert Reasons Here]. Through your course, [Insert Name of Course Here], I learned so much about [Insert Reasons Here]. Thanks to you, I feel more prepared as I become a [Insert Profession or Future Plans Here].

All the best,

[Insert Name Here]

Hopefully, these templates will put your gratitude into words! Congratulations on your graduation!

Colette Brancaccio is a current senior at the University of Delaware. She is studying Elementary Education with a Concentration in Special Education. She enjoys reading, going for runs, & random dance parties. She is also the Founder and Owner of BHive Designs, a growing business that provides inventive & affordable gifts for any occasion while promoting service to the community.