Style > Beauty

Irish Beauty Youtubers You Need To Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Whether you’re a contour queen or a total beginner with makeup, YouTube is an excellent way to learn all the time saving tips as well as the secrets to looking so good. American YouTubers have been dominating the game for a while now but for those of us who get frustrated watching beauty gurus use products we don’t have access to, here are my top five Irish beauty YouTubers worth a subscribe.  

Sineady Cady: Otherwise known on YouTube as The Makeup Chair, Sinead is an absolute dream for the makeup beginner. Her look is more on the natural side and she’s published her own book revealing her tips and tricks on how to do makeup so she knows what she’s talking about. Her channel has beginner tutorials for almost anything.  So if you’re new to the game or just looking to brush up your skills her videos are ideal! 

Chloe Boucher: This blue-eyed blonde bombshell is certainly one to watch on the beauty scene. Her Instagram has been grabbing lots of attention recently and she’s even received positive comments from none other than UK pro makeup artist Mr. Wayne Goss for her impressive makeup skills. Who better to learn from? 

Suzanne Jackson: Author of the famous beauty blog So Sue Me and creator of the SOSU range of nail polishes and contour and highlighting palettes, Suzanne Jackson has taken to YouTube to demo her products and they look great! Her look is more of a heavy glam with lots of contour for the average makeup addict. Her looks are great for beginners too as she’s not a professional artist, she just shows her viewers what works for her and what could work for you too.

DramaticMac: One of my personal favourites is YouTuber otherwise known as Aisling. She updates her channel every second day and has a degree in nutrition, knowledge which she’s featured in some of her videos. This is ideal for those still trying to lose the pounds put on during the holiday season. Her makeup is more glam but looks flawless and she often posts her makeup routine as well as how to get your hands on those coveted American brands in Ireland. Most definitely worth a watch. 

Lucy Johnson: An up and coming Irish beauty YouTuber to watch is Lucy Johnson. One of DCU’s own and still new to the YouTube scene but her makeup is beautiful so we know Lucy’s got tips for us yet. From her vlogs to the 100 layers of contour and highlighting challenge her channel has been entertaining so far. We’re sure there’s more to come. Watch this space. 

So if you’re a beauty wizard or looking to learn, these Irish Youtubers have got it going on at the moment. Now go forth and contour! 

Thumbnail photo by Thomas Lefebvre

Photo by Manu Camargo

Hey guys! I'm Megan and I'm from Ireland. I'm studying Journalism in Dublin City University.