This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CWU chapter.

Finals week is here… or just around the corner and many like myself wouldn’t call it Dead Week without a slight mental breakdown. Everything is due, you’re cramming to get all course work done. And for some, class just didn’t go as planned and you’re praying for a miracle to pass.

It is possible. As a transfer student coming from a Community College, the level of expectation is close to what I’ve dealt with before. But I’d be lying if I said College is easy. As I’m dealing with this for the first time I’ve come to realize that there are many ways to ese the stress of being a super woman. Take a deep breath. Pull out your planner and get crackin’.

Talk to your teachers: It’s never too late. And if you don’t ask you’ll never receive. When times are tough, utilize your professor’s office hours. Explain to them your concerns about your level of comprehension in the class (obviously this is a great habit to have all quarter) and what you can do to bump up your grade. Granted not all teacher will give extra credit… but I guarantee they won’t bite you. You never know what they’ll say.

Visit the wellness center: Every campus has a “wellness center” a place where you can seek someone to talk to about stress, get tips on studying, a hug if needed. Along with many other great services, if you just don’t know what to do or who to talk to… they’re the perfect resource.

Visit the tutor center: You pay for the math, writing and science centers with your tuition. Don’t let those dollars go to waste. Although it took me about half the quarter to go get help (mainly because if feared someone thinking I was stupid) ridiculous I know. But everyone has insecurities… in the end they are there to help you pass. After you pay them a visit finals week won’t hit you as hard.

Go to the gym: A great way to release stress is exercise. Go on your own, grab a friend, or look up group fitness classes if that’s more your style. Any time is a good time to work out, even if it’s for 30 minutes of running, once you get in the groove you’ll feel much better.

And finally, give yourself a pat on the back. We are in college, living on our own and attempting greatness. At the end of the day look at what you’ve done as an accomplishment, and enjoy a glass of wine.

A student ready to share.