The hardest part is the constant revolving door of how attached we are to technology. We instantly grab our phones sometimes for nothing thinking we got a text or a new notification but really, it’s the addiction we have to checking our phones and wasting minutes, even hours on Instagram or Tik Tok. When it comes to date ideas, it can be hard to disconnect completely and really live in the moment, but I think it’s good to pull the plug for a while and really enjoy each other’s company rather than through the screens. Here are a few ideas for your next date night.
- Love Journal: I bought a journal awhile back while at a bookstore that has your document and answer questions that you both can do together or on your own. We chose to reflect on what we filled out so far, every six months. It gives us conversation starters so we can really dive in on parts of our relationship.
- Hot Cocoa & Board Games: It’s the holiday season finally! The hot cocoa bar is set up with all the fixings. Make each other the perfect cup of cocoa and pick out your favorite board game to play. The perfect cozy date night in.
- Puzzle Night: Lately, my boyfriend and I have been collecting puzzles. We can sometimes spend hours sitting around putting together as much as possible. It gives you the chance to work together and create a picture-perfect image at the end.
- Bonfire with S’mores: Firepit or traditional fire grab a couple of chairs, build your fire and cozy up. Grab some marshmallows, your favorite candy bars, and graham crackers, and help each other make your ultimate s’more.
- Craft Night: Get your creative juices flowing by creating something together, it could be painting, building, or any other craft you could think of. It’s a great way to make artwork for the home and to make something special together to remember the date night by.
Little date nights like this are easy, simple and affordable. Most of all, it gives you more quality time with each other rather than through a screen. Use your creativity and make the most of your date night together.